Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

head engaging

Options
  • 12-02-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Have just found out that junior's head has engaged, Has anyone any time frame on how long labour will be after that? only happened in the last day or so.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

On a first child it could be weeks before labour :)

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Thanks Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Yes I am overdue since yesterday and sadly the head only started engaging within the last week (its still not quite there so they are getting me to do alot of walking and wnaht not in hopes of coaxing it down)

How much longer have you left?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Well that's a story.....

After we found out we did our calculations and the due date was 17th of March (don't worry we're not calling the child Patrick or Patricia), and as we're excited first timers, we decided to go for an early scan in ultrasound.ie in Blackrock.
    We found the sonographer really nice and she diligently took all the measurements and revised the date to the 13th of March. So then we went for the usual 20-week scan in Holles street where the sonographer seem like she wanted to go to the loo she was so eager to get us scanned and out the door, she took the measurements and asked us, according to herselfs cycle, what was our due date (seemly completely disregarding the measurements of junior). We told her the 17th to which she asked is the missus was on the pill beforehand (which she was, and was just off 3 days Go SWIMMERS!!) so the sonographer then said 'ah well, then we'll put your due date back at least a week".
    Then at our anti-natal in Holles street, we found out that the due date can follow the maternal side, and my partner and her brother were two weeks early.
    So in short we're somewhere between the 13th and the 24th but could go as early as the end of this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I think the babys head engaged when I was around 36 weeks.

She wasn't born until I was 41 weeks and 5 days - 12 days overdue and induced.

Engagement means nothing in terms of "when", I'm afraid. I thought when her head was engaged that her arrival would be imminent - no!

The one good thing about the head engaging and baby dropping is that you can breathe a little easier!

• Advertisement
Advertisement