Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway photos

Options
  • 12-02-2009 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭

Galway Photos DO NOT QUOTE PHOTOS & < 800px PLEASE!
    Any photos relating to Galway City or County please

* All images must be 800 pixels or less on the longest side.

Any posts with images which break this rule will be deleted.

* Please don't include the original picture in your reply to a post.
    * Making your picture a link to the page it's hosted on flickr or pix.ie or elsewhere is both handy for us nosy lot to find the rest of your stuff, and also generally considered the polite thing to do by the image host.
    * No arguments.
    * If you've a disagreement with a photo, use the report post feature, don't go abusing the poster.

<SNIP>
    Thanks to the random photo threads for the inspiration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭dinneenp

To get the ball rolling:

3242540258_475ed8c41a_o.jpg

3272266735_29da8494b6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I noticed that your other thread wasn't deleted, it was just merged into the random thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58987155#post58987155

Probably not much point in having location specific random threads, wouldn't be as random then

yesterday's thread got a few replies but then was merged.
    Personally I like the random threads but also like the idea of region specific- could be Munster, Connaught, etc. even if Galway is too specific.

While I like the random photo threads it's also nice to be able to view region specific photos in one go- good to give you inspiration for taking photos etc.

Anyway I replied to Admin and he said to start up the thread again if I wanted...so I'll just see how the activity on this is....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

2270395491_6d3b5ea8ee.jpg
    2270395709_4828ee5a18.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I merged the threads as it seemed to be another Random Photo thread, but was limited to only Galway, which really took away the Randomness of the thread.

The OP asked me if it could be started again as a Galway Photo's thread. While I personally don't see the need for geographic specific threads, others may think differently. So it's here again now to see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Don't have anything against Galway, but it would be a shame to open boards and have various threads of the 32 counties and beyond clogging up the first page.

just my 2p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I think the random photo thread does the job perfectly. Its always good to leave it for a few days and then go through the few pages that have appeared. What I like about it is it's variety of location, subject, style etc...

I think a Galway photo thread may be better suited in the Galway forum, like the way the Dublin City forum has a photo thread as mentioned above. (or the aviation forum has an 'aviation pics' thread, and the cycling forum has a 'Post images of beauty' thread, motors has Post a pic of your car here thread etc. etc.)

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers- will do, but how can I request it to be moved to Galway forum?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I will move it across for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dublin2galway

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
    8.jpg(Galway City, not Headford!)
    7.jpg
    9.jpg
    6.jpg
    10.jpg

5.jpg

• Advertisement