Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ford Ranger

Options
  • 11-02-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I've noticed more and more people driving theses including the ESB.
    ANyone got an opinion on them as a workhorse for driving in fields etc. I wonder how they compare to the old Toyota Hiluxes. I'd be looking to get something about 10 years old for off road work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭draycottgirlz

all I know is that they are dirt cheap in the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

all I know is that they are dirt cheap in the UK
    can second that, just bought one, bringing it over in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I've heard that they are much thirstier than a Hilux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Aren't these a rebranded Mazda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Finneganjp

I have a 2007 Ranger (new model) and I get about 29 mpg. From talking to one owner of the older model he tells me he only gets 20 mpg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

mumhaabu wrote: »
    Aren't these a rebranded Mazda?

other way around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

there's a lot of bollo*cks talked about hiluxes, it's only the 80s and 90s ones that are really all that great (in saying that, those ones are fantastic).
    Ive first hand experience of several examples of each model, and if we're goin to be honest and level headed here, there's not a lot of differnece between any of them in terms of fuel cononmy, all they're goin to manage in real life is late 20s to early 30s as they're big heavy vehicles with off road style gearing, bad aerodynamics and big fat tyres.

Nobody should buy a pickup truck of economy is one of their main concerns

Advertisement