Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attractive girl/guy in a group. what do you do?

Options
  • 11-02-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I was out with a couple of friends, 2 guys and 2 girls + me, last weekend in TIME, and got talking to this girl while they were gone to the bar or something and I was minding their bags. No this is not a thread to see if she's here. Keep reading, there is a point to this. She walked off anyways and my friends came back.

The next night I was talking to some friends and one of the girls mentions that if she saw a guy she liked the look of or w/e, but he was with girls, even though there may not have been anything going on between them, she wouldn't go over.
    I would have thought it would be different. i.e A girl mightn't go over to talk to a guy if it was an all guy group.
    Does this apply the same to guys? Would be more likely to go up and talk to a girl if she was in a group of guy and girls, or just girls?

Discuss

would you chat up girls/guys if they're in a group 31 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    67% 21 votes
    I'd wait till they were alone
    32% 10 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I always found women prefer to chat to a group of lads as they prefer the banter and flirting involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

I wouldn't chat a guy up, I'd expect him to come over and chat me up.. although I would let him know I was interested in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭girlbiker

Discuss??

I cant answer now, I've seized up, I feel like I'm doing the junior cert *Sweats profusely*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

As a guy, I generally choose to "chat up" girls I like that are in groups of girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I usuallly wait till after the club is finished and she is outside alone.... Then I pounce!!

• Advertisement

I usuallly wait till after the club is finished and she is outside alone.... Then I pounce!!

haha I think we've met.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved to the bull**** hypothetical questions forum.
    Wait.
    What do you mean AH is the bull**** hypothetical questions forum?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

The right thing to do is go over and make friends with the group then hit on the chick.

That said, I wouldn't. Far too much effort involved :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

abi2007 wrote: »
    haha I think we've met.
    srsly asl?

ktnxbai!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

girlbiker wrote: »
    Discuss??

I cant answer now, I've seized up, I feel like I'm doing the junior cert *Sweats profusely*
    pfft. The JC was nothing.;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I prefer to clam up and spend my night going to the bar at the same time as her just so I can stand behind her pressing my lad off her, even if it's not busy.

I do it on packed buses as well. I like to think that secretly they enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

flyton5 wrote: »
    I prefer to clam up and spend my night going to the bar at the same time as her just so I can stand behind her pressing my lad off her, even if it's not busy.

I do it on packed buses as well. I like to think that secretly they enjoy it.

σ_σ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shame1603

i dont seem to have any problem chatting to a girl for an entire night, i just can never seem to close the deal!!!! unless she jumps me then nothing is gonna happen! :(
    wish i knew why!

she's probably been waiting all night for you to make a move

its that whole picking up on signals and body language that i seem to have a problem with. even if its plain as day i still cant see it, not for definite sure! (bad grammar i know)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I wouldn't chat a guy up, I'd expect him to come over and chat me up.. although I would let him know I was interested in him.
    How?
    If the answer is body language, then describe it.

You would be surprised how many times I've seen that happen.

body language yes.. stare at him, smile and bat my eyelids.. he usually gets the hint

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If I see a girl I like I piss on her to mark my territory.

Classy

Classy

thats an understatment, its down right chivalrous!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Classy
    shame1603 wrote: »
    thats an understatment, its down right chivalrous!

Stop the shameless attempt to be one of Almighty Cushion's peons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Most of my preferred females are too young to go to bars or clubs or even be outside after 6pm....but if I did see someone I liked I would usually try and strike a conversation. My main method is to stand next to them and loudly pronounce how big my penis is.

Ya lost me there..

i really hope you were being sarcastic cos i know i was!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My main method is to stand next to them and loudly pronounce how big my penis is.

The best way to pull is to keep talking about her. No matter what happens always bring the conversation back to her. A general catch all way to get the conversation back on her is to shout "Your tits ROCK! What the hell you feeding those things????"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

The best way to pull is to keep talking about her. No matter what happens always bring the conversation back to her. A general catch all way to get the conversation back on her is to shout "Your tits ROCK! What the hell you feeding those things????"

I tried that once and it didnt work...in fairness I had just substituted 'my' for 'your' into my usual lines so I spent 15 minutes talking about how big her penis was. I shouldve put more thought into that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

body language yes.. stare at him, smile and bat my eyelids.. he usually gets the hint
    Oh I've been fooled by that one too many times.

I see that happening, go over and say hello and then her and all her mates laugh at me and call me a patethic loser.

I won't be fooled again.

I tried that once and it didnt work...in fairness I had just substituted 'my' for 'your' into my usual lines so I spent 15 minutes talking about how big her penis was. I shouldve put more thought into that one.
    It may not have been your fault. Maybe her penis was really small and she was insecure about it. She may have thought you were mocking her.

Ah I wouldn't be so cruel.. I'm really sweet.. really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Serafina27

Could approach a guy in a group EVER!!! Not even if I was full to the brim with dutch courage! Its a confidence thing!

Advertisement