Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 players

Options
  • 11-02-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Could be easy but it gave me some head scratching!

Only 2 players to win a Champo League, European Champo, Prem, FA Cup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Peter Schmiechel and Nicholas Anelka me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,559 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fabien Bathez and Schmeichel.

Great question there, I immediately thought Henry and Anelka had to be two but then realised that Henry has no Champion's League and Anelka was not picked in the French squad in 2000 after all the stuff that surrounded his time in Real Madrid. Then I thought of Schmeichel and then Arnold Muhren popped into my head but I knew he was long gone from United before they won things. And then I started thinking of all the French players and Laurent Blanc popped into my head and then the patting on the head he used to do and thats how I arrived at Barthez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Barthez hasnt won the FA cup. Anelka is the right answer

Barthez hasnt won the FA cup. Anelka is the right answer
    Wow apologies there, thanks for letting me know. I was sure for some reason that Anelka was not in the Euro 2000 squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

dang, 1st guy got it, schmeichel and anelka, i didnt think anyone would get schmeichel back in 92 but fair play, barthez never won the champo league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

he did with Marseille in 93

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

dang, 1st guy got it, schmeichel and anelka, i didnt think anyone would get schmeichel back in 92 but fair play, barthez never won the champo league

I'm just about old enough to remember Euro 92, I was 11 when that happened. I was actually asked this question before in a pub quiz which was mainly sports related, I got Schmeichel right but was wrong with Barthez and was later told it was Anelka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Idu wrote: »
    he did with Marseille in 93
    My bad, yeah your right he never won the FA cup with united in his 4 years there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Thierry Henry can now be added to this list.

3 players have now done it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement