Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone tried omega3 tablets such as eye-q?

Options
  • 11-02-2009 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has experience with these tablets for curing depression

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

I don't know much about them curing depression, but i do take them for concentration and i do find that i am more upbeat about things lately. That could be down to any number of factors though, I honestly don't know if it's down to them at all. My concentration has improved though!

Hope you start feeling better soon.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Yeah, I've been taking them for a good while and they certainly help with concentration and alertness, not sure that they would help with depression though, may need an anti-d for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

If you are feeling a bit depressed due to stress, unhealthy lifestyle etc, I'm sure they might be used as an aid to speed your recovery.

If you are suffering from actual depression - then no...no they are not going to "cure" it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Myhairspray

Heard great reports of Omega 3, although I haven't taken them yet. After this, I've been reminded!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I've been diagnosed with severe depression. I started taking Eskimo Brainsharp in January, and I've had great improvements in my mood since then. This particular brand has excellent-quality fats from deep-sea fish, and a 5ml spoon of it gives what Patrick Holford (expert nutritionist) recommends.

It's about €35 for a bottle that will last almost 3 months, so it's well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had no idea Omega 3 had a use against depression, I take it twice a day for blood pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 soon30

patrick holford is the bigest quack thats been around in a long time.
    these fellas use made up science to prove them selves right
    eating good healthy foods wont harm you and will do you good but you wouldnt want to listen to the crap that comes from these fellas
    do a search on patrick holford bad science
    he actually has a diploma awarded to him by an institute he set up himself
    del boy stuff

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I take omega oils (Udo's choice) for my MS, I know a few friends take them for other resons, including depression. They are not a cure, but help a little .

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

soon30 wrote: »
    patrick holford is the bigest quack thats been around in a long time.
    these fellas use made up science to prove them selves right
    eating good healthy foods wont harm you and will do you good but you wouldnt want to listen to the crap that comes from these fellas
    do a search on patrick holford bad science
    he actually has a diploma awarded to him by an institute he set up himself
    del boy stuff
    lol:D:D the only way to do it

Advertisement