Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What companies are marketing in these tough times

Options
  • 11-02-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

With all the talk of recession and downturn in the economy, what kind of companies are not feeling the pinch as hard as others? I ask because I'm working on getting some small amounts of sponsorship together to help me compete in my sport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I believe most companies (and mainly the ones hit hard) are the ones that are pumping money into marketing where before the business just walked through the door, now they have to try and get it through first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭helpwanted1

Great that you think this DJB. But recruitment companies and job opportunities in newspapers etc. say differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

It's not that I think this... this is what I'm seeing. I'm seeing a lot of new and existing clients putting money into marketing because it's what has to be done to keep their business alive. Yeah, it's tough out there but businesses are spending money to keep things moving, even in the likes of the property sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭helpwanted1

Thats good news. Alot seem to think marketing budgets are the first to be cut. I don't agree this is the correct thing for a struggling business to do, but its what I hear usually occurs. As a person with a marketing degree and soon to have completed a post graduate course in the area, I really hope your right!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CallieO

Thats good news. Alot seem to think marketing budgets are the first to be cut. I don't agree this is the correct thing for a struggling business to do, but its what I hear usually occurs. As a person with a marketing degree and soon to have completed a post graduate course in the area, I really hope your right!!!!:D

If a business is going to survive it needs to fight for every sale, win every customer it can. There is one hell of alot of free resources out there.

Its not that hard to get some online marketing in place for very little effort.

For the massive investment of £1 its worth having a look at this guide.

http://www.lulu.com/content/6141415

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

CallieO wrote: »
    If a business is going to survive it needs to fight for every sale, win every customer it can. There is one hell of alot of free resources out there.

Its not that hard to get some online marketing in place for very little effort.

For the massive investment of £1 its worth having a look at this guide.

http://www.lulu.com/content/6141415

A book that you wrote?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CallieO

No not a book a v inexpensive download

A pdf wot I co-wrote...

The book is available elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

CallieO wrote: »
    No not a book a v inexpensive download

A pdf wot I co-wrote...

The book is available elsewhere

Ok, lets not get into what's a book/ebook/pdf...

But you're recommending that the OP buys something you have a vested interest in.

Advertisement