Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erdinger glasses

Options
  • 11-02-2009 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could buy a few of these?

I have found a place online but I was hoping to get them in a bricks and mortar shop somewhere in dub hopefully?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The number of glass requests we get on here, it would be well worth someone's while setting up an import business.

Anyhoo, your best bet is an offy that sells Erdinger -- they might have been given a few by the distributor as freebies. Redmond's and Drink Store both regularly have window displays featuring Erdinger glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

any decent offie will offer them to you foc if your buying 4 or 5 bottles. just ask

I got some 500ml and 1ltr glasses off erdingers website. Quick delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

but you had to pay over €3 a glass. you'd have been given them for free by any nice off licence manager/owner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I have a few Belgium beer glasses, sometimes off licences do box sets that includes a glass, erdinger might be the same. The best off licences I found for this is Sweeneys and Redmonds. Of course in Belgium it works out that you get the glass free, but Irish offies up the price, one glass ended up at €8! That was in Redmonds, Sweeneys seemed to include the glass for free.
    But ring around a couple of decent offies, they won't be that busy during the day and will be happy to help.

• Advertisement

tippguy wrote: »
    but you had to pay over €3 a glass. you'd have been given them for free by any nice off licence manager/owner

Got plenty of them too and theres not many 1ltr glasses in offys around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Like the others say ask at an offie. Failing that many offies and supermarkets do a 4 pack or Erdinger with a free glass in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

OR you could go to the pub and bring a big jacket with you.....:cool:

Quint wrote: »
    OR you could go to the pub and bring a big jacket with you.....:cool:

You'd need a fairly big jacket to get those hoegaarden glasses alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

cheers lads

tried a few offie's so far and no joy

I think one or two into the ladies handbag might be the only way :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

There was a Erdinder gift pack for €10 (3 bottles and a glass) in Harvest a month ago, maybe they still have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Just rob one from a pub!
    Ps i do not condone this behavior!
    €8 for a glass is unbelievable, we get them in the pub for nothing! And i know offies get them free as well!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

where did the €8 figure come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have one at home from somewhere.. not sure where actually. Might have been my wife nicking it from a pub. I got some Guinness brewhouse glasses that way. Used my wife's innocent cousins and their handbags for the job.

Thats interesting about the off license though. Anyone got any in particular that would do it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

At the weekend I found a shop selling stand-alone branded beer glasses: Deveney's in Dundrum. Didn't see any Erdinger, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marceldesailly

whelans off licence on wexford street have the glasses.think you might have to buy 4or5 bottles and glass is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Crubeens

I bought six Erdinger in Whelans recently and he kindly gave me two glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Crubeens wrote: »
    I bought six Erdinger in Whelans recently and he kindly gave me two glasses

You should have gone to Spec-Savers

Advertisement