Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Week/Week in arrears

Options
  • 11-02-2009 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

When I started my last job in 2007 we were on weekly pay and we all worked a back week. We moved to monthly in 2008.
    One guy left mid 2008 and his back week was forgotten - becuse we we've moved to monthly. He contacted the company a month later to get his back week and there was dispute over whether it got paid at his starting pay rate or his finishing pay rate. He finally got paid at his finishing rate - the higher amount.

I am in the middle of the same dispute now and don't know where to get proof it should be your current rate, not the old rate when you did the back week - the Revenue?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It is at the high rate. You are being paid a week in arrears. The pay in nthe second week is for the first weeks work. The pay in the third week is for the second weeks work and so on.

Advertisement