Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing New Baby Clothes?

Options
  • 11-02-2009 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Was just wondering if you should wash all new baby clothes before they wear them or is there any need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Well I washed mine, not sounding weird or anything but I feel as though anyone could have been handling them before the baby wore them, plus the babys clothes will smell exactly like yours so on a basic level it is suppose to reassure the baby.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I would recommend that you do. There are often starchy type chemicals in the new clothes that really need to be washed out before wear, especially for the delicate skin of a new baby, imo:)

When DS2 was born the midwife commented that it was nice to see washed clothes, so obviously its not the norm for them to be washed, but I prefer it :) They just feel nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

i didnt wash my baby's clothes as he got so much stuff i'd still be washing and drying 3 months later. its up to yourself what you think is best though.

Advertisement