Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a Shady Pyramid Scheme or a "Trapezoid Marketing Approach"?

Options
  • 11-02-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Alright folks,
    I'm from Laois so not just a randomer here to annoy people.

I saw this flyer on one of the notice boards in UCD and it said:

Do YOU NEED MORE MONEY?

EARN €200 - €600 + PER WEEK

Now at first I thought maybe it was a trying to get us impressionable students to work as prostitutes, but then I went onto the advertised website:

http://www.grabalife.eu/default.html

Now I've had a read of it and it's a couple based in Kilminchy in Portlaoise, who work with Kleeneze, but the whole thing seems really dodgey:

http://www.grabalife.eu/FAQ.html

Have a look at it at your leisure but it kind of sounds like a pyramid scheme and as a rule of thumb, if it's too good to be true it always is!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭jack of all

Interesting, I'm from Laois too. Kleeneze is a Multi-Level-Marketing business, all is explained here:

http://itseasyaspie.blogspot.com/2008/06/kleeneze-have-you-been-mlmed.html

I don't think there's anything dishonest about what this couple (I'm sure they are really nice people) or other Kleeneze agents do (selling household products): they probably want to make a few bob extra and they have somehow convinced themselves that they are doing this for "very little work". But I do believe they are deluded. Ever looked at a Kleeneze catalogue? Most of the products are overpriced (especially when compared with the cheap (but good) detergents and cleaning products on sale in Lidl and Aldi). What they won't tell you is how many hours a week they must put in every week, dropping catalogues, collecting etc to make a few hundred euro a month. It's a pyramid scheme alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

El Siglo if you are serious about earning some extra income on a self employed basis, i can help you. Pm me if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KleenezeKing

As one half of the sainted couple from Kilminchy, Portlaoise slatted as part of a possible scam I feel it's necessary to point out two things that you boys have conveniently overlooked; First we posted copies of two of our most recent cheques on our home page ( scam merchants aren't normally in the habit of doing that ), secondly we referred to the hard work required so far to build up our business. What we didn't say is that we don't have to recruit anybody at anytime to prop up our earnings from this business. What we didn't say on our site ( and what we should really have posted ) is that from April 2008 onwards we worked like dogs to build up our customer base in Portlaoise. Now that we've hit the magical mark of 600 customers we have a regular income coming in now plus more time to contact other people with a view to getting them to start their own business. Look if putting out catalogues on a Fri. am, delivering orders on a Fri. and Mon. pm plus collecting catalogues on a Mon. pm is too much hassle for you boys to earn E1,240 every four weeks then I throw in the towel. Our system leaves us TUES, WED, THURS, SAT & SUN TO GET ON WITH OUR LIVES. But you're both quite right; of course you must think it's a scam. It has to be otherwise you might be tempted to try it yourself instead of posting pointless remarks about a business that you have only heard about from the saddo/pinko/blogger fraternity. My advice to you both is get out more; grab yourselves a life, work hard for both yourselves and your families and quit the amateurish conspiracy/urban myth industry you've cocooned yourselves in.
    If you think our business is a fraud then ring the fraud squad. That will happen when your liathroidi drop. We're registered for tax. What are you registered for? Asinine remarks and outlandish theorising. Won't be back as I've a wife and two kids to take care of in the real world. I'm pulling the plug on your cyber charade. Bye :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Wow you might be doing pretty well in selling Kleeneze products, but your pr campaign in terrible! Jesus don't throw a bitch fit over a little bit of scepticism. It kind of (and I do mean this as 'kind of') sounded like a pyramid scheme. Relax, I'm glad to see you're doing well etc... and providing for your family and community etc... that's great, it's just that with the economy and those "you're german uncle in Nigeria has died and left you $150,000...." spam, you can hardly expect people not to be sceptical when they see advertising as bold as your flyers with the opportunity to earn xyz amount.
    Finally, I have the courtesy to retort in some meaningful manner without resorting to name calling and insults, you should at least offer the same courtesy, or better still; ignore us pathetic, sad bloggers!

By the way it's 'slated' not 'slatted'.

Ciao bello!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Cheers enviro, but I'm kind of busy this year with college, thanks for the offer anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KleenezeKing

The 'slated' one is back. Fair enough El Siglo. Might have been a tad ott:o ( well I know I was ) but I saw red when our business and 'scam' cropped up in the same sentence. So apologies to you. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

ifl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Thats no problem El Siglo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭jack of all

Oh dear...

Advertisement