Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touchpad - power supply problem

Options
  • 11-02-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi

Maybe somebody could give me advice on a problem.

My laptop touchpad will only work properly when I run it from the battery, as soon as I plug in the power supply it gets all erratic, freezes etc. The same happens to two other people working in the office - one touchpad doesn't work at all, the other jumps around and randomly selects stuff. All are fine when run off the battery, and a fourth laptop is fine all the time.

So obviosuly it's some sort of problem with the power supply, and we have an electrician coming in to have a look. But will he be able to do anything about it?!

The laptops are two brand new Dells (Latitude and Vostro I think) and a HP, the 4th one (which is fine) is also a HP.

I've googled it and found lots of other people with similar problems, but I can't understand half the advice!

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Advertisement