Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodlands House Hotel in Adare

Options
  • 11-02-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

You can have a room for free in the Woodlands as long as you spend €100 in the hotel on dinner or spa treatments

http://www.woodlands-hotel.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Stayed in that hotel and it's not that great really.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CúilChip

Stayed in that hotel and it's not that great really.

When did you stay there? Because I got married there a few months ago, and everybody at the wedding loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Stayed ther two years ago and it was very nice, whirlpool bath in the room. NOICE.... ;)

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

paulwhogan wrote: »
    When did you stay there? Because I got married there a few months ago, and everybody at the wedding loved it.

About a year ago - I don't rememeber it being all that special. The reception must have looked fabulous when it was opened but it needed some refurbishment I thought.

Rooms were ordinary - nothing special. I suppose it's only three stars though. Think it was dear enough - that's probably why I give it harsh criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Storm_rages

We have stayed a number of times (its cheap to stay and its beside the best restaurant in the world " the wild Geese ")

First time we stayed the place was horrible, the main bathroom in the hotel was shocking and the room we were put in smelled (i mean really smelled) so much so that the cleaning staff had put an air freshener, the ones that go off every couple of minutes. I swear we lasted about 5 minutes in the room. We wrote and complained to them and to be fair they gave us a free nights stay (including an upgrade). I have to give it to them they have treated us like royalty ever since.

The new spa is top class, and the hot stone massage is very very good.
    *we have never eaten in here other then breakfast, and would not be in a hurry to, but the breakfast is not bad.

that my 2 cents..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Food very nice the room we were in was 1 star at best and it was suppose to be a superior room. Hotel overall was a bit grubby.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Hotel is gone very grubby, badly needs a refurb. We were supposed to stay there 2 weeks ago as part of this deal, but the room was horrible & was supposed to be a superior room.....I'd hate to have seen a standard room.
    Receptionist one of the rudest I've come across (and being honest, I've come across some fair b**ches in my time). We left after 10 minutes. To be fair, they did refund the money on to my card.
    Spa is supposed to be fantastic (that's obviously where they've spent their budget with the last while) but didnt get to try it. Overall v disappointing, could not recommend the accommodation.

Advertisement