Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHPP

Options
  • 11-02-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

can anyone tell me how much it should cost to get the PHPP done for a proposed build. i have heard it is advisable to do it before submitting planning, as it can be tweaked to achive the best layout / window sizes ect ect.
    any and all infor much appreciated.

Cheers
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

The effort required is directly related to the design and specification of your house. If your house is a very traditional box with no jut outs or dormer windows etc., then the effort is obviously less than if you went for the more common grand designs (i.e. all over the place) type house that became more common in the country side during the celtic tiger.

Also, keep in mind that there are companies seeing this as the next gold mine. They will charge alot of money while they learn how to use the PHPP at your expense.

To the best of my knowledge there is only 1 irish company with a certified passive house to their name. They were involved with 3 of the 5 certified houses I am aware of. Until a company has a certified passive house under their belt, I don't believe you can be sure that they are actually correctly using the PHPP.

If you are going to build it using standard 2 leaf cavity wall then I personally wouldn't bother with the PHPP. Have the house modelled under DEAP instead. There will be too many cold bridging junctions to be modelled in traditional build to make it financially viable.

Are you hoping to build a low energy\passive house?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rodred

Hi,

yes hoping to build to passive levels with a company, not sure if it is against the rules to name them??
    but they are in the process of builing in Foxrock at present.
    the house is striaght forward enough no major design features ect.
    they suggested doin the phpp before we submit our planning app, as if they do the phpp after there could be changes to achive the required levels.

cheers

Yeah, it would breach the guide lines to name the company most likely.

If the company has experience building certified passive houses then surely they can point you at someone who can give you a quote for the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rodred

Hi,

yes they have said they can do it, and gave me a price of €600 approx
    i just wanted to know if anyone knows if thats average.

thanks
    ROb

rodred wrote: »
    Hi,

yes they have said they can do it, and gave me a price of €600 approx
    i just wanted to know if anyone knows if thats average.

thanks
    ROb

There's nothing wrong with that price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement