Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank watchdog gets €630,000 secret payoff

Options
  • 11-02-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Neary will also get €142,670 pension. See no matter what they say, it never ever ends.The guys at the top AWAYS , ALWAYS get looked after while the rest of us get screwed!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Neary will also get €142,670 pension. See no matter what they say, it never ever ends.The guys at the top AWAYS , ALWAYS get looked after while the rest of us get screwed!.

Any links to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/bank-watchdog-gets-8364630000-secret-payoff-1635169.html

"Last night, as public anger mounted over bank executives receiving huge salaries while the taxpayer bails out their lending errors to the tune of €7bn, the extent of Mr Neary's goodbye money was revealed.

* He was on an annual salary of €285,341.
    * He was paid an additional €202,000 handshake in return for his resignation -- equivalent to being paid for eight months.
    * He was also paid a lump sum of €428,000.
    * He will also receive an annual pension of €142,670."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Not much of a secret...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

All these guys aren't stupid.
    They sign up for the job thru top solicitors and air-tight contracts.
    Our loss. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

and on the same day funding for special needs kids in schools in slashed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Biggins wrote: »
    All these guys aren't stupid.
    They sign up for the job thru top solicitors and air-tight contracts.
    Our loss. :(
    But are they smart enough to dodge a bullet

*loads shotgun*

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Cages shouldn't cost that much anyway.

He should be jailed for corruption or fined for being inept as it was his job to see that things like this didn't happen and not just allowed to walk off into the sunset scot free (and loaded)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I will apply for the next Regulator position, it's apparent no skills whatsoever is needed.
    Just don't do what you're paid to do and get a fat pension and a golden handshake.

No pension for Neary! No pension for Neary! No pension for Neary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭BennyLava

Goes to show you it pays to be a friend of Fianna Fail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

How about I smash your f*cking face in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Big Wave wrote: »

Might agree with you/might not, but that is a touch too far for a comment.

Oh youre goin to hell for that one

And so am I for laughing:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I laughed. It's normally what you do with a funny joke.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Banned.
    /sigh.
    Quit trollin'.

Whats a fastrixcking face:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

How about you chill and realise this is AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

+1

Anyways ya it is sickening. He should ahve been fired, not retired. He didn't do his job at all! That **** in Anglo Sean FitzPatrick managed to hide a 91 million loan to himself - surely that wouldn't have been hard to uncover, with the sheer size of it?!
    And also he didn't know that Irish Life & Permanent were loaning Anglo billions to make their accounts look good.

Aaaaarrrggghhhh its so frustrating!!! :mad: :(

Too late. He's gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Very harsh banning imo. That joke was not really funny if you have a special needs child in your family.

• Advertisement

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Very harsh banning imo. That joke was not really funny if you have a special needs child in your family.
    It wasnt harsh. Personal threats are not allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dtwhaler

Why the big fuss about this when a certain Mr Ahern who failed to do his job got a bigger golden handshake ?

Exactly, I would not post something like that in one of the "serious" forums. This is what happens when you take away the right to "yore ma" comments, a lower level is required to replace them:D

Maybe a smiley after was needed:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

you guys do realise that he did a very good job in every area other than banks(apparently)

sure banks is a large part of his job but everyone here would be paying alot more for alot less to insurance companies if it was not for this guy

im not saying it excuses his mistakes im just saying he was not completely inept

Exactly, I would not post something like that in one of the "serious" forums. This is what happens when you take away the right to "yore ma" comments, a lower level is required to replace them:D

Maybe a smiley after was needed:pac:
    Personally I prefer the lower levels.
    Now we just need to negotiate. I say we give up the "yore ma" and all variations of above phrase in exchange for rape jokes.

No? Ok then......wheres those bastards who negotiated the benchmarking process when you need them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Mr Neary had no idea about the practice, even though it was discovered by staff at his own office early last year. He had to be informed of the massive loans by Mr Lenihan, who had discovered the loans himself as a result of Anglo's participation in the bank guarantee scheme last December.
    With skills like that, wonder if he knows what a tracker mortgage is.

Personally I prefer the lower levels.

Secretly we all do. Some people will just try and deny it and be all PC, others(like me:D) will just say it and laugh at the people who find it offensive.

I need a Lolcat for Big Wave i think:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Eurgh. We need legislation so that any working for the government that no-one cannnot earn more than x amount. And a cap on their pension. Thank you, problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Secretly we all do. Some people will just try and deny it and be all PC, others(like me:D) will just say it and laugh at the people who find it offensive.

Except those of us who attended so called "Special needs schools", in my case dyslexia. I'm all for lowering the moral standard but those schools are seriously under funded and they do good work. Implying they use cages is pretty insulting to people who have come out the other end of such schools.
    I need a Lolcat for Big Wave i think:confused:

How original. Next I imagine you plan to spam out paragraphs of "SAGE" and start talking about how something is "fail" or "win".

Also, on topic, it's time to bring out the Guillotine. Could be interesting, see how many executives of failing banks decline their bonus by the time Neary's head hits the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

How ****ing stupid we are to accept this.We should be protesting. Idiot who failed to do his job is highly rewarded for his failure.
    Another thing, Bertie, why the **** is he allowed to take 130,000 of a lump sum for standing down as Taoiseach, and as for his pension, 4 K per week when he retires:eek: FFS:mad:

Advertisement