Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

water on inside of windscreen

Options
  • 10-02-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

hi, i've seen other posts that are similar but just thought id start a new one as it went off on another tangent,

Basically, lately I have noticed alot of condensation on the inside of my windscreen and the rear window in particular. There is so much that large droplets have formed on the inside and run down to the dash on certain mornings, and when the temp is low i end up with the inside of the windows frozen.

I have checked the windscreen and there is no cracks/chips etc and I have a feeling that its coming from the rear window. I drive a 03 corolla hatchback, and last week i noticed that the carpet in the boot was damp? i wasnt sure whether this was to do with the snow or not.

anybody got any suggestions or what may be involved in solving this problem?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You most likely have water getting in elsewhere. Check your door seals for tears or damage. Check the carpet - is it wet? You need to find the source of the water ingress in order to solve the condensation problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The_Devil

"I have a feeling that its coming from the rear window. I drive a 03 corolla hatchback, and last week i noticed that the carpet in the boot was damp? i wasnt sure whether this was to do with the snow or not"

yea its damp in the boot, its in th OP, cheers for the reply though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's nothing to with the snow - it's down to water ingress. Locate the point of ingress, repair it and your problem will be solved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I had the same thing, I think it's definitely linked to snow on the windscreen condensing moisture inside the car or something. There's no damp anywhere else.
    It only ever happens when there's snow - same with the GF's car. Maybe it's because the snow is blocking the vents and stopping natural ventilation or something.

Advertisement