Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What gun?

Options
  • 10-02-2009 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Im planning on starting skirmishing. No previous experience except wars with spring pistols.For my first gun im looking at a Dboys "Scar light", its €170 and shoots .2g BBs at 315fps. http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_32&products_id=255

Is this a good gun to start with? (Scar)

Anyone wih this gun, i would appreciate your opinion on it. Also im open to suggestions for other guns.

Also I live in kerry, so would only skirmish during holidays and maybe a weekend. Will be mainly using it with freinds and wont be able to rent.
    (so dont advise renting first)

P.S. Should i get tan or black, prefer tan but it would stand out like a nazi in a synagouge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Naessens wrote: »
    Im planning on starting skirmishing. No previous experience except wars with spring pistols.For my first gun im looking at a Dboys "Scar light", its €170 and shoots .2g BBs at 315fps. http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_32&products_id=255

Is this a good gun to start with? (Scar)

Anyone wih this gun, i would appreciate your opinion on it. Also im open to suggestions for other guns.

Also I live in kerry, so would only skirmish during holidays and maybe a weekend. Will be mainly using it with freinds and wont be able to rent.
    (so dont advise renting first)

P.S. Should i get tan or black, prefer tan but it would stand out like a nazi in a synagouge

When you say that you will be using it with friends how so? I mean I hope you arnt planing on using it on land you have no permission to be using(or insurance for that matter) to play airsoft as this is as illegal as it comes. Anyway moving on from such a matter in my opionion i think the scar is a preety good gun but personnaly i prefair m4s, G&G are good and you will hear different opionions on classic army and marui......

I personnaly wouldnt go for a clone(dboys) they are cheap and as the saying goes you get what you pay for.......

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Naessens

heyjay14 wrote: »
    When you say that you will be using it with friends how so? I mean I hope you arnt planing on using it on land you have no permission to be using(or insurance for that matter) to play airsoft as this is as illegal as it comes
    I personnaly wouldnt go for a clone(dboys) they are cheap and as the saying goes you get what you pay for.......

Thats not what i meant, i meant that i wouldnt be skirmishing often so there would be no point in renting because i'll be using it more at home. Also the truth be told i cant afford a G&G, so Dboys will have to do. Unless theres a better clone company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

G+G do a "Plastica" version of the M4 as well. Excellent internals and a lighter body. Not as flimsy as the CA ones.

Or, you could go for a JG G36C. I have no direct experience with them but if you do a search here you will find lots and lots of bods raving about how good they are.

Welcome to the wonderfully confusing world of Airsoft.

Keep it safe and keep it legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    G+G do a "Plastica" version of the M4 as well. Excellent internals and a lighter body. Not as flimsy as the CA ones.

Or, you could go for a JG G36C. I have no direct experience with them but if you do a search here you will find lots and lots of bods raving about how good they are.

Welcome to the wonderfully confusing world of Airsoft.

Keep it safe and keep it legal.

Ye i can vouch for a jg g36c, they are amazing guns and not once has my one failed.... If i were you i would go for one of these, not a more reliable clone on the market at the mo.(in my opionion)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

JG G36c or JG HK416....both are excellent starters, and the 416 has built up quite a reputation, even with guys who normally buy top of the line

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭robbie brazel

yeah for a starter i would say a jg g36c is best wont break easily feeds well with the high cap that comes with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

My first gun was a JG G36C. Solid as a rock. I dropped it from 6 feet onto stone and it was perfectly fine after. Spare parts for this are easy to come by and you get a high cap mag with it that feeds very well. This also comes with a battery and charger. Very accurate too.

I also have a G&G M4A1 Plastica. Brilliant gun. Same performance as a top of the line G&G. Better range and accuracy than the G36 with a higher fire rate too. Brilliant hop up unit too, again, same as the top of the line ones. Plastic isn't flimsy, is very thick and wont break easily. It has a 6.04 barrel stock. The only evidence of money saving is that you have to manually open the ejection port to access the hop up unlike most guns. But for E200 less, who's complaining?

MiniAirsofter:cool:

Edit: There are alot of clone companies better than DBoys such as JG, Kalash and the G&G Plasticas. P.S. Avoid CA sportlines like the plague: Their gears are like paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭77kevinhalvey77

http://eirsoft.ie hi just thought for people interested in airsoft and deciding to buy a gun that the g&g m4 is the 1 to go for. the rate of fire out of this gun is incredible the body may be plastic but it is strong and is very accurate great feel to it to ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Burtchaell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

the m4 s system made by dboys is another good buy from the lads at eirsoft only 150euro and good for mounting stuffank-m4-s-system.jpg:):):cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'll say this, any gun you buy on Eirsoft is a good one, they don't stock any crap ones, and they have a warranty.

So, whatever you like the look of, get, the scar is a good choice as it uses common m4 mags, and has lots of rail space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

I'll say this, any gun you buy on Eirsoft is a good one, they don't stock any crap ones, and they have a warranty.

So, whatever you like the look of, get, the scar is a good choice as it uses common m4 mags, and has lots of rail space.

Dead right. Eirsoft warranty is brilliant. I have bought three guns from them that broke. They gave me replacements for two of them and one is being fixed right now. They are a pleasure to deal with and, if you visit their shop, they will recommend a first AEG for you no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Have to give a +1 to the DBoys M4 S System above.
    Very reliable.
    I fell on top of my one while running, broke it in half, put it back together and its still working perfect. Good looking, powerfull, accurate and a good rate of fire. And enough RIS rails to keep any accessory fan happy!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

ths dboys s system is a great base gun to do a project with!!! i started with one and eventually done it up and now its flippin the dogs boll**ks!!

Advertisement