Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company not giving me P60

Options
  • 10-02-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

OK there's a bit of a history to this....

I started working for company 'x' back in September 2008, I took a part-time position as I had just gone back to college. I handed in my P45 on the first day. PPs and all that jazz but from the 27th of Sep to the 18th of Dec I was on emergency tax!!! (average 110eur per week)

I spent 4 weeks sorting everything out with the company about sorting out my tax. I had to go above my manager to the head of Payroll to sort everything out and when i contacted revenue, they had no record of me working for the company!

Now the story at the moment is i need to get my P60 off of the company to claim back the tax i'm owed. i was supposed to get it in january but now they can't give me a date for when i'm goin to get it i get the impression i'm just being brushed off.

It's the only form i need to claim all my tax back from 2008!

Anyone know what i can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

your company can only issue a P60 if they have filed and paid their PAYE/PRSI. Sounds like they haven't.

I think the date is about the middle of Feb for the deadline after that they expose themselves to audit and fines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

Employer's date for submitting their details for 2008 to the Revenue is 15th or 16th Feb alright, I've been given the same excuse for not getting my my P60 yet. After that date there's no excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did you get a payslip? Ring revenue, quote the companies PPS number, and ask them for an address that you could send the copies of your payslips to, to show that you did work there. I'd say revenue would like to know where that unaccounted money went to, as much as you.

Do you know anyone else who worked there, had the same issue, and still has their pay slips? If so, I'd say revenue would like to know. Sounds very fishy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Employer's date for submitting their details for 2008 to the Revenue is 15th or 16th Feb alright, I've been given the same excuse for not getting my my P60 yet. After that date there's no excuse!

thats true but there is a cash crisis is most places and badly run SME's will suffer to pay such a large bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

the_syco wrote: »
    Did you get a payslip? Ring revenue, quote the companies PPS number, and ask them for an address that you could send the copies of your payslips to, to show that you did work there. I'd say revenue would like to know where that unaccounted money went to, as much as you.

Do you know anyone else who worked there, had the same issue, and still has their pay slips? If so, I'd say revenue would like to know. Sounds very fishy.
    I got the PPS number, sent it in and my correspondence has changed since the middle of Jan. Tried today to get through to Payroll this morning but they cut me off! It has happened to one other person I work with and they've been sorted out already, they're a full-time worker though but i don't think that should make any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Just an update to everyone who gave advice.

I had my P60 handed to me today when I went into work by my manager, along with my P45. I'm another victim of economic cutback!

Time to find another horse to get back on....

Advertisement