Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about O2 3G Frequencies.

Options
  • 10-02-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Does anybody know what frequency range is used by the O2 mobile internet product? I'm about to order a cordless Skype phone which communicates wirelessly with my laptop via a USB dongle.The dongle operates in a frequency range of 1.88-1.90 GHZ, and I want to ensure that it's not going to interfere with my O2 mobile modem.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Merjock wrote: »
    Does anybody know what frequency range is used by the O2 mobile internet product?

IMT-2000/UMTS Terrestrial[/FONT]

(1900 - 1980 MHz / 2010 -
    2025 MHz / 2110 - 2170MHz

(O2 is in there somewhere )
    Mobile Communication
    Services on Aircraft (MCA)
    (1710 - 1785 MHz /
    1805 - 1880 MHz)

No problems there :)
    GSM 1800 also known as
    DCS 1800(1710 - 1785 MHz /
    1805 - 1880 MHz)

2G bands / Edge fallback from 3g .

1880-1900Mhz

Dect Cordless in Europe
    Apart from them you should be grand :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

1.88-1.90 GHZ, and I want to ensure that it's not going to interfere with my O2 mobile modem.

More basic than that. It's probably illegal if it's not a DECT phone. Licence free is 433, 864MHz , 2.4 & 5.8GHz.

I'd suspect it has no CE mark. You importing it?

Unless it's really a DECT phone? As that is the DECT Digital cordless phone band.
    It still needs a CE mark.

Maybe the cordless phone part is DECT and the base station uses wiFi + wifi dongle on 2.4Ghz to PC/Laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Merjock

Yes,exactly, it is a DECT phone with Skype capability.
    It's a UbiQUiO 101 Cordless Skype and landline phone available from Expansys UK. Appearently, you can also plug it directly into your phone socket for normal PSTN calls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bet it is a DECT phone that can use usb instead of a phone line

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Merjock

No, the PSTN connection is via normal phone cable.But you're right, the connection between base station and PC is via a WiFi dongle operating at 2.4 GHz.
    That's the part I was worried about!

• Advertisement
Advertisement