Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Spirits Bar Dublin?

Options
  • 10-02-2009 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

As per title, any recommendations for the bar in Dublin with the widest range of quality spirits? I've a tasting exam on the horizon and I need to sample a selection of vodka-whiskey-brandy-tequila-rum over the next month.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

Mint Bar in the Westin Hotel has a decent selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Cool, thanks. I suppose it's really cocktail bars I'm looking at if I'm searching for somewhere with an interesting array of spirits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Pravda on Liffey Street has quite a few Vodkas

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

I'm no expert, but I have heard that the Bull and Castle has a good range of whiskeys.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

rediguana wrote: »
    As per title, any recommendations for the bar in Dublin with the widest range of quality spirits? I've a tasting exam on the horizon and I need to sample a selection of vodka-whiskey-brandy-tequila-rum over the next month.

Exams can be tough, just don't stress out or else you might turn to sobriety!

The Vathouse in templebar has a really big selection, but they are somewhat pricey - http://www.vathouse.ie/foodandwhiskey.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I actually ended up in Doyle's (by Trinity) and sampled a few whiskeys from the top shelf, gin too. Before that I was in Pinxtos in Temple Bar (what a great place!) and I had Manzanilla, Amontillado and Madeira.

Friday was a terrible, terrible day and made me resolve to stick to academic drink study for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

I'm no expert, but I have heard that the Bull and Castle has a good range of whiskeys.

It's true, they have more whiskeys than you could shake a stick at.

Advertisement