Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting new job, can't find P45

Options
  • 10-02-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I am starting a new job tomorrow morning. I just got the call this evening and I was told to bring my PPS number and my P45. The problem is I spent the last year or so in Canada so my P45 if I were to find it would be from June 2007. Can I even use it if I find it or is it out of date?

If I can't find it how do i go about getting a new one and will I be emergency taxed until I get it? I can't really afford that right now with rent coming up in a few weeks.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

If you haven't worked this year, you don't need a P45.

This is my advice for you:

1. Find out your new employers company number. The accounts person will know what this is.
    2. Ring revenue, explain to them you have just started a new job. Give them the company number and ask them to tell you your tax credits over the phone, and to post them out to your new employer.
    3. E-mail the tax credits to the accounts person.

This will ensure you do not pay emergency tax.

Note accounts people are generally retards, so expect them to be totally clueless on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

brilliant. thanks mate!

Advertisement