Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about selling a half built MAME cab.

Options
  • 10-02-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,
    Last summer I got an upright 6 button cabinet of Mitchomagic with the intent to strip it down (the screen was dead) and build it as a MAME cab. Which I almost finished, but the missus wanted out of the house and it ended up in the shed and stayed there unused and unfinished.

It has a 21" CRT with a Sempron PC in it. I got MAMEWAH installed and I was in the process of fixing the buttons (some of the switches needed replacing) when I had to move it.

So 2 questions:
    a) Is it fair to sell on as is.
    b) Anyone interested.

If there is interest I will upload an adverts post and link to it.

Cheers

Tok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I think it's not very fair to sell on these "I stuck my PC monitor in a scuffed up woody" cabinets but clueless types often bid alot on them so you might as well give it a go. Just be honest about it and provide proper pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭phillo

BLITZ_Molloy has a point, most people who get into Arcade gaming are not aware of the differences between PC and Arcade displays and probably wouldn't care initially. I can certainly admit that I was completely blind when I jumped into arcade collecting. I learned through my pocket and it's not a nice way to learn.

To answer your question, It is fair to sell anything you want, as long as your honest about the condition of the goods you are selling. Caveat Emptor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tok wrote: »
    Hi,
    Last summer I got an upright 6 button cabinet of Mitchomagic with the intent to strip it down (the screen was dead) and build it as a MAME cab. Which I almost finished, but the missus wanted out of the house and it ended up in the shed and stayed there unused and unfinished.

It has a 21" CRT with a Sempron PC in it. I got MAMEWAH installed and I was in the process of fixing the buttons (some of the switches needed replacing) when I had to move it.

So 2 questions:
    a) Is it fair to sell on as is.
    b) Anyone interested.

If there is interest I will upload an adverts post and link to it.

Cheers

Tok

a: its fair to sell it on as it is but once you tell the buyer exactly whats wrong with it.

b: Yes, let me know more about it please. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jedistev

hi

seems i am freak 80's old schoolboy aracde....fan of mame have completed collect 7DVD of mame games, that would be great if you show screenshot.. i might temp get one for my birthday

Advertisement