Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission

Options
  • 10-02-2009 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Quick one for ya, Do you need planning permission to build a brick shed in your back garden, say 15 foot by 20 foot:confused:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,239 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the external finishes must match the dwelling

is your dwelling bricked?

assuming the walls are 1 foot thick thats 13 x 18 internally... which is under the 25 sq m (269 sq ft) exemption limit

see class 3 here http://www.wicklow.ie/Apps/WicklowBeta/Publications/Planning/Schedule%202-%20Planning%20Reg%202001.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 45,888 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What syd posted and Im sure the link will provide other details but the main things to watch out for in order leave it that you dont need permission is the 25 sq. metre max. floor area as mentioned above, 4 metre max. height if using tiles or slates (3 metre max height for other materials), finishes to match house and a min. 25 sq. metres of open yard/garden to be retained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Muffler, sydthebeat, thanks for the quick responce. 25 sq. m would be more than enough. I want to put some gym equipment in it & tools etc..

''the external finishes must match the dwelling'' excuse my stupidity, My house is the common white pebble dash on the sides and upper half of the front of the house & redish brick on the bottom half. So must I pebble dash the shed & use redish brick work?????

I wouldnt worry about the brick

muffler wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry about the brick

But would you recomend the white pebble dash:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

If you want to be to the letter of the law then yes, however, I dont see any issue in only using either brick or pebbledash.

From a construction point of view, Brick is very porus and if you build with that the inside of the shed will probably be very wet. Better to use cavity blocks and pebble dash.

Slig wrote: »
    If you want to be to the letter of the law then yes, however, I dont see any issue in only using either brick or pebbledash.

From a construction point of view, Brick is very porus and if you build with that the inside of the shed will probably be very wet. Better to use cavity blocks and pebble dash.

Ok, I understand now. Thanks for the info lads.:)

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Just dash it.

Advertisement