Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESL/TEFL teaching climate in Dublin

Options
  • 10-02-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

I'll be returning to Ireland in a few months after spending a number of years abroad - mainly in Japan - teaching English. Being fairly well qualified and experienced in esl, I'd have been fairly confident of getting a job a few years ago.

But what about now? What's the esl job situation like at the moment? Is the industry being badly affected by the recession? I'd appreciate advice from anyone working as an English teacher or looking for English teaching work at the moment. I'm also considering summer work at one of the universities or language schools. Do you know is there much available in Dublin?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭punky

Jaysus are things that bad? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Hey Punky,

EFL in Ireland is mainly seasonal (high - Summer, low - the rest of the time;)). If you are qualified and have relevant experience there are schools in Dublin that run year round. Best bet is to compile a list and embrace the hunt!

I'm heading to Japan later this year to teach. I'd love to hear about your experiences if you could share :)

Advertisement