Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the 50nl 100nl games like on stars?

Options
  • 10-02-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Got a phonecall from partypoker yesterday asking me why im not playing there lately. Told them i`ll be back soon as im taking a break.

Thing is iv been playing on full tilt and found the games extremly nitty, well at least compared to party. Im just looking for a change. Im fed up of partys software and bugs and really poor bonus deals(0 RB)

So are the game on stars @ 50nl/100nl generally very nitty or is there good value too? Iv tried Ipoker and found that even more nittier than full tilt.

Any other sites worth mentioning? ( for value )

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

nuxxx wrote: »
    Got a phonecall from partypoker yesterday asking me why im not playing there lately. Told them i`ll be back soon as im taking a break.

Thing is iv been playing on full tilt and found the games extremly nitty, well at least compared to party. Im just looking for a change. Im fed up of partys software and bugs and really poor bonus deals(0 RB)

Why didnt you tell them the real reason your not playing there?:confused: If people dont tell them whats wrogn with partypoker then they wont knowhat to fix. Microgaming seems very loose. Stars FR is very nitty I know, not sure about 6max though. Although the rakeback on stars is worse then FT and I doubt the games are much better though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Why didnt you tell them the real reason your not playing there?:confused: If people dont tell them whats wrogn with partypoker then they wont knowhat to fix. Microgaming seems very loose. Stars FR is very nitty I know, not sure about 6max though. Although the rakeback on stars is worse then FT and I doubt the games are much better though.

Yep good point. Thing is i probably will be back soon as the games i find the softest of the lot, they recently improved there setup so im gona give it a another shot soon.
    After reason is my laser got lost and needed to be released and for some reason party didnt accept my mastercard.

Thanks for all the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 0zone0

Try Cake poker.33% Rakeback with really good daily and weekly bonus offers.The play is super loose too.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Games are pretty damn nitty most of the time. I must give Cake a try, just hate the way there's no HUD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

cake lol :)

Sounds a bit funny

Will give it a lash tonight, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

iPoker... nitty???

I'm just about to put a fresh bankroll into ipoker for the .50/1 and 1/2 games. I haven't played there in a good while, but I thought ipoker was supposed to be very fishy???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Tight Ted wrote: »
    Games are pretty damn nitty most of the time. I must give Cake a try, just hate the way there's no HUD.
    Having no HUD is a blessing!

I'd recommend Cake for what it's worth. Some of the play is atrocious up to 2/4 and full of loose-passive players who like mashing the call button. Some of the full ring tables are pretty nitty as that's where all Gold Card collectors hang out and their version of a hit and run is leaving the table once a Gold Card has been awarded to a player. There aren't all that many short stackers though except for weekend nights when you have people taking shots.

Their tournaments are also slightly better structured than iPoker. Very slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

I have found the games ssnl on stars way more passive compared to ipoker.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

How many tables do you play? I'd love to give Cake a go, but I'm a complete HUDbot when playing 6 max. I dunno could I function without one.
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Having no HUD is a blessing!

I'd recommend Cake for what it's worth. Some of the play is atrocious up to 2/4 and full of loose-passive players who like mashing the call button. Some of the full ring tables are pretty nitty as that's where all Gold Card collectors hang out and their version of a hit and run is leaving the table once a Gold Card has been awarded to a player. There aren't all that many short stackers though except for weekend nights when you have people taking shots.

Their tournaments are also slightly better structured than iPoker. Very slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 MartinPride

What about everest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

50nl and 100nl on stars is definitely soft. Huge player pool with lots of bad players. If you game select a bit you will find plenty of bad loose players with high VPIP's. I play 6max on stars and used to play on microgaming before this. There are a few differences in the standard of play but I think stars is softer over all. There is more 3Betting on stars SSNL but a lot of the regs are very bad post flop so playing 3Bet pots IP can be very profitable.
    The only problem with stars is that you have to work your way up the VIP program before you can get decent rake back. If you don't already have an account on FTP, I would play there as the low limit games are also good and you can get 27% rake back. If you get tilted by poor software, then I'd look no further than stars or full tilt.

Advertisement