Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Focus on Imaging Photography Exhibition NEC Birmingham

Options
  • 10-02-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭

This show is on in the NEC from Sunday Feb 22 to Wed Feb 25 in the NEC Birmingham. Aer Lingus are quoting zero fare Monday to Wed so the cost of flying over on a daytrip would be €36.65 and £6 admission to the show if you're a hobbyist i.e. not a pro, not sure how they authenticate if you're a pro.

http://www.focus-on-imaging.co.uk/

Comments

Cheers, just up the road from that so may pop in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Thanks for that, my brother lives nearby so I might try to visit.

Hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

or.. a fiver with ryanair.. no taxes or charges. Booked it a week or so ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭nilhg

I've tickets booked with Ryanair for the Tuesday, but its looking as if I might not make it. Tickers only cost €22 so not the end of the world....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

rymus wrote: »

After hearing how they treated people in Stanstead last week I would pay a large premium to avoid flying with Ryanair. While Easyjet passengers were being bussed away to a hotel the Ryanair passengers were lying on the floor all night.

• Advertisement

rymus wrote: »

Its €15 with the cc charge! I get that deal regulary enough! Aircoach back into town is more expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

this should really be merged with the other one....

But I'm going to Sunday of this I'm looking forward to it. Don't forget your coupons...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Also heading on the Sunday (on the early Ryanair flight)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Cameraman

It's mentioned over in Bargain Alerts, but Dublin airport are offering cheap long-term and short-term carpark spaces if booked in advance (€7 and €10).

Very handy if you're only going over for a day (or two).

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭qork

Anyone going over to this on Tuesday?, fancy meeting up, PM me if interested.
    I'm catching the Ryanair 10am flight from Dublin.
    Q.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Just checked ryanair. They are pratically giving away the return flights from Birmingham for the next 3 day. €3.75 total price and NO TAXES. I might go now... :)

Dave OS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I was over Sunday met Rory outside, we got inside and lost wach other after about 20mins and I didn't see him again untill we were getting on our flight which was delayed grrrr....

While there seems to be fewer stands, and seminars on how to survive the recession, people were still spending money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Yes sat through two Guy Gowan talks which were interesting
    (he must have been exhausted as he seemed to be talking all day on a rotation of topics). Spoke to him afterwards and he promised to send me a load of actions for PS if I emailed him, which I did, so hopefully he will :)

Also Adobe had a few talks and I watched one re LR2

Epson had one as well re Landscape Photography

And then there were a "few" stalls.

I decided to get the Intuos3 A5 Wide to mark the visit (which will be fun to learn to use)

I saw one guy trying out this one which looked like this which is a LCD Tablet which looked seriously great but exceptionally expensive (€2400 :eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

RoryW wrote: »
    Yes sat through two Guy Gowan talks which were interesting
    (he must have been exhausted as he seemed to be talking all day on a rotation of topics). Spoke to him afterwards and he promised to send me a load of actions for PS if I emailed him, which I did, so hopefully he will :)

Also Adobe had a few talks and I watched one re LR2

Epson had one as well re Landscape Photography

And then there were a "few" stalls.

I decided to get the Intuos3 A5 Wide to mark the visit (which will be fun to learn to use)

I saw one guy trying out this one which looked like this which is a LCD Tablet which looked seriously great but exceptionally expensive (€2400 :eek: )

I'm going tomorrow morning. Should be a bit of fun. ;) Incidentally, I got one of those Wacom A5 a couple of years ago. They are excellent. It may take a while to get used to but you'll probably never go back to the mouse. In a moment of weakness I gave mine away to my niece so she could work on her art portfolio after her old portfolio was stolen.

If you don't get those actions off Mr Gowan, I can send some to you. But ideally they should be built to suit your own workflow.

Dave OS

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Was there today, couldn't find any bargains on lens - Sigma 70-300 APO and Nikon 70-300mm VR were the same price as advertised on the web. Best bargains were on tripods at the Jacobs stand, they're selling the Manfrotto 190XPROB for £69 (Calumet £120, Jessops £108, Halls €160m, Gunns €130) and if you buy any tripod they'll sell you the 804RC2 head for £20.

Cameraworld were selling Elements 7 for £49.99 but you couldn't get near them because half their counter space above the waistline is taken up with silly glass cabinets stacked with lens boxes, I reckon if they got rid of the cabinets and doubled the counter staff they'd take in 4x the business because every time I went near them there was a mill at the counter and eventually I just gave up.

Advertisement