Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending time in germany, need advice

Options
  • 10-02-2009 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey guys

Im going to portugal to work for the summer (same as last year). Best laugh, 3-4 months partying! woop.

Was wondering where to go after? I have more or less decided that im not coming back to ireland for a year or so.

I was thinking germany would be interesting

I did some reading and some good options seem to be Berlin, Hamburg, Heidleberg and munich.

I be looking for bar work and sumwhere with real nightlife.

Any info would be helpfull thanks :)

An1 know a site simillar to graigslist that i could use for germany,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from Travel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

If it is in the winter how about the ski resorts in the south, Bavaria, very friendly people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

Wilko121 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Im going to portugal to work for the summer (same as last year). Best laugh, 3-4 months partying! woop.

Was wondering where to go after? I have more or less decided that im not coming back to ireland for a year or so.

I was thinking germany would be interesting

I did some reading and some good options seem to be Berlin, Hamburg, Heidleberg and munich.

I be looking for bar work and sumwhere with real nightlife.

Any info would be helpfull thanks :)

An1 know a site simillar to graigslist that i could use for germany,thanks

yep

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/

for non-german speakers seems all discussion is in english.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilko121

V handy thanks

I would be thinking of going around september/october.
    Id try to get a room in a central/safe location and a job that envoles having a bit o craic.

An1 have experience in this?

So far it's

1. Berlin
    2. Heidlburg
    3. Hamburg

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

Hi, I'm German and would just like to give you an advice on location. Consider different unemployment levels in the mentioned places. From that perspective, Berlin would be much harder to find a job. On the other hand living is cheaper in Berlin than in the other places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Berlin is risky if you are totally dependent on finding a job quickly. It is not impossible to find work but not easy, even in irish bars etc. If you're an attractive girl it might be easier though ;)

Berlin is indeed very cheap to live in though. Rent is very cheap and you don't have to live right in the centre if you use the public transport which pretty much runs all night.

Advertisement