Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No govt. grants for energy-saving(3G blocking) double glazing

Options
  • 09-02-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

The Govt. grant scheme announced by Eamon Ryan yesterday suspiciously omits any support for energy-saving double glazing, despite the fact that this is one of the most effective means of reducing heat loss.

It looks like the Civil Servants recognised that NBS 3G won't work through energy-efficient glazing, and were afraid they would be accused of using one Dept subsidy to diminish the value of another.

http://www.dcenr.gov.ie/Press+Releases/Government+announces+national+insulation+programme+for+economic+recovery.htm

Not alone will NBS areas suffer from under-performing midband technologies - they will have to do so in the cold also!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

That reads like a letter to the Irish Times :) Just replace NBS 3G with something in English and you might get published!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BendiBus wrote: »
    That reads like a letter to the Irish Times :) Just replace NBS 3G with something in English and you might get published!

Double glazing salesmen are even dodgier than the 3 Ireland Midband solution :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

A Wise Kerry man keeps a close eye on Eamon Ryan and his green jobs for the boys scams run as Green Energy whatnots .

This latest one is a disgusting scam of the highest order , invented by Ryan . Wood Pellet Man has caught the weevil at it again

http://wood-pellet-ireland.blogspot.com/

About Me

Tony+ni.jpg Tony McGinley So who and what am I, you ask - Well I am a regular family man who lives in County Kerry Ireland, with no business or political interests whatsoever in Alternative Energy, nobody pulling my strings so to speak. I began writing this blog in 2006 because I was angered by the 'gombeenism' and the number of Rip-offs I encountered in the Irish Renewable Energy Sector. Equally, I was scandalised by the sheer insanity of having Ireland's energy some 85% dependent on imported fuels.
    Ryan and Gormley are getting big into a scam that is not taking off . It is called a BER , an energy audit . So they chucked this Tier Two scam out to get the BER bandwagon rolling. A BER should cost €300 if the person is in any way competent .

Over to Wood Pellet Man .
    There will be a €250 grant towards the estimated €700 cost of attic insulation.

The BIG catch is the, “if you go down in the woods” BER. This BER has claws that will tear chunks of money from you. You will have to have TWO - yes (you don't need new glasses) - TWO that is 2 - BER assessments in order to get the miserable attic insulation grant.

That means you have to cough up €200+ as your part of the two fees for the BER assessments – that is your grant money down the toilet straight away

Thanks for nothing Eamon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can tell if windows are double glazed by looking. Some people can't access attic easily, hence no money for window consultants, but €200 to pay for someone to drive out and bring his own ladder for your attic.

I think I will sign up as BER consultant and then I can afford to double glaze (with glass that lets all my friendly radio waves in an out).

I'm told, though havn't verified this personally that €200 will insulate your attic and buy mask, coffee, overalls etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Nice attempt at staying on-topic, but no dice!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement