Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD wont play on my laptop

Options
  • 09-02-2009 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Right so I buy The Simpsons Series 6 today on DVD. Go home and put in laptop to play - it wont play - no msg comes up or nothing. And you cant hear it spinning around inside. So I take it out and put in a different DVD and it plays no prob.
    I dont have a DVD player to see if it will play on that.

My query is: on all the discs it says "copy protected" on all 4 discs(of the Simpsons series) - has this something to do with it?
    Pls get back to me if you know.
    Thanks.
    PS If all comes to all Ill have to bring back the DVD to the shop cos its no good to me!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What Laptop do you have?
    What OS do you have?
    What media player were you trying to play it with?
    If you're using windows vista/xp, try downloading vlc player, just type it into google and you should find a download pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Some versions of Vista, particularly the business ones don't have a DVD driver. If this is the case download the software as outlined by previous poster.

Advertisement