Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Entitled to job seekers allowance under age of 25

Options
  • 09-02-2009 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am currently living at home in the midlands with my parents since finishing college in may 08. I have been looking for work since this period and applied for the job seekers allowance last week. This week i was told i am not entitled to any money due to my age (under 25) and my parents gross weekly income.

I rang the social welfare office in dublin, told them my current situation, to which they agreed with, but said i should be entitled to some money should i leave home and move to dublin.

I could move to dublin stay with friends and contribute towards there rent, My question is would i be entitled to recieve job seekers allowance and other such benifits as rent allowance & fuel allowance??

any feed back would be appreciated

Comments

Advertisement