Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

gs300 - Time for a few questions!

• 09-02-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

This forum is one of the quieter forums on boards.ie but we're trying to build a bowling community here and gs300 has graciously agreed to answer some bowling related questions.

So I'll get the ball rolling then *cough* ;)

What bowling balls are you currently using?
    What's your favourite ball?
    Why did you start bowling?
    Why have you continued bowling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

What bowling balls are you currently using?
    The list is long but i have,
    Ebonite- NVD & Gamebraker & Complete NV,www.ebonite.com
    Lane One- BuzzbombR, www.lane1bowling.com
    Storm - Thunderstruck pearl,
    Columbia - White dot (spare ball). www.columbia300.com
    backup:
    Hammer - No mercy www.hammerbowling.com
    Lane Masters - Masterpiece www.lanemastersbowling.com
    What's your favourite ball?
    At the min IT's the NVD & Gamebreaker (when i need something to hit a little harder), but i have to say my fav of all that i have had is the Total NV.
    Why did you start bowling?
    Just a went up one saturday for a alley cats league and 9 years later i am still there ha ha
    Why have you continued bowling?
    At the start it was just the fun of it but when i got into the deep end and started to get serious playing comps, the best part is the comps when the practise music is played it gets you fired up.
    I suspose i have always wanted to better my game and make the international team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

What's your best competitive game (league or tourney)?
    What's your best practice game?
    What's your worst competitive score?
    What's your current Average?
    Why should the average once a year bowler consider joining a league?

What's your best competitive game (league or tourney)?
    It would have to be a tourney 300
    What's your best practice game?
    This would hane to be 279
    What's your worst competitive score?
    Whis would be way back in my first tourney (89):eek:
    What's your current Average?
    current average i think is around the 200 mark missed my league last night so not totaly sure
    Why should the average once a year bowler consider joining a league?
    Well i would say for the fun and enjoyment of it all, Its strange when your in a league you may be teling yourself that its only a game but once your on the lanes playing you really do want to win all the points it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Hoe do you find the Lane Masters Ball? I bought one 3 years ago and although it packed a punch and came with alot of nice bits, I found it quite irratic. It was like the Weight block was not right.

For me my favourite ball of all time is Coumbia 300's Cuda/C pearlised. Any pearlsied Columbia seemed to suit me best.

I started bowling around 12 or 13 years of age in the north strand. Then as time went on I got more interested in the "behind the scenes" so to speak. Those A2 machines were like the Land Rover of Bowling lanes. They just kept on working no matter what punishment they got.

Well i had the Masterpiece i found it good out of the box and lasted a while, but like you said as it got more games it started to get irratic, like all equipment as the ball gets older and more games you do have to allow for a bit of differince it may just pop up earlyer or then again it might just skid the backend and your looking at hitting the 6-10, thats why i like the ebonite range i find it lasts longer then most and you can always rely on it to pack the extra punch when ya need it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement