Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackpot Sit N Go's

Options
  • 09-02-2009 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi,

I am looking into these jackpot sit n go's at the moment. Win 6 in a row for 80k jackpot or something like that.

These are $20 +$3.50 buy ins with top 3 getting paid and 3rd place getting $24 ur money back, 2nd is $36 and 1st is $60.

players start with 1000 chips and turbo blinds 4 mins i think.

Is there any value in these? how likely are you to win 6 in a row?

reg is 17.5% which is obviously crap (expected with boyles) which goes towards building these jackpots

so they need 22,857 entries to funds one jackpot or 3809 tables.

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with these and what approach works best for these?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Sorry to be cynical, but it sounds like a bit of a lottery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Castlerock wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking into these jackpot sit n go's at the moment. Win 6 in a row for 80k jackpot or something like that.

These are $20 +$3.50 buy ins with top 3 getting paid and 3rd place getting $24 ur money back, 2nd is $36 and 1st is $60.

players start with 1000 chips and turbo blinds 4 mins i think.

Is there any value in these? how likely are you to win 6 in a row?

reg is 17.5% which is obviously crap (expected with boyles) which goes towards building these jackpots

so they need 22,857 entries to funds one jackpot or 3809 tables.

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with these and what approach works best for these?

Thanks

i think its about 22,857 / 1 to win 6 in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

The reg. is ridiculously high and you will need to run like god obviously to ship the jackpot. I have come in the top 2 a few times for $300 but its not much consolation tbh. The closest I came was wwww2w, needless to say I was sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

Just want to point out that its not just boylepoker, the jackpot sng's are on all ipoker sites not rite to blame the reg on boyles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Castlerock

yeah i agree thats agony getting 5 from 6 alright, whats with boyle and their ridicously higher reg fees in general when they arent nearly as good as other sites like full tilt etc??

are they just a stingy site-what are they paying their pro's like parkinson-his buy in to the fitz every saturday night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

yeah i agree thats agony getting 5 from 6 alright, whats with boyle and their ridicously higher reg fees in general when they arent nearly as good as other sites like full tilt etc??

are they just a stingy site-what are they paying their pro's like parkinson-his buy in to the fitz every saturday night!
    the rake is decided by ipoker the network Boyles are on and not by Boyles themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I think you'll find the reg fees on Boyles/ipoker pretty much on a par with every other site.
    Your mindless bashing of high reg fees on jackpot stts is rather moronic,where do you think the money comes from to pay the jackpot? Father christmas? the tooth fairy?

I was saying danny that the reg fees "in general" are a lot higher than the american sites. especially for sit n go doubles which i play a bit. 10% versus 4% on stars, also they dont offer nearly as much as other sites in terms of gameplay, tourneys etc. I just detect an air of stinginess about boyle in paticular...i mean look at their pro's! :)

I was saying danny that the reg fees "in general" are a lot higher than the american sites. especially for sit n go doubles which i play a bit. 10% versus 4% on stars, also they dont offer nearly as much as other sites in terms of gameplay, tourneys etc. I just detect an air of stinginess about boyle in paticular...i mean look at their pro's! :)

As has already been stated the reg fees are ipoker wide,I guess you're right about their sponsored players though,their first signing is one of the most successful tournie players of the last two years:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

This post tilts me..........................

• Advertisement

yeah so i-poker is stingy. doesnt get around the fact that it costs me more money to play on a much worse site I'll leave it to mugs like u to play on boyle danny.

(they have a few good pro's but no greats)

yeah so i-poker is stingy. doesnt get around the fact that it costs me more money to play on a much worse site I'll leave it to mugs like u to play on boyle danny.

If it's costing you money,you're doing it wrong.
    Btw i prefer the term victim.

danny you mentioned that u are a victim.....youre not evan cleary by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

The reg is higher on the Jackpot Sit and go's to contribute towards the prize amount.

To be fair I dont think anyone can accuse us being stingy at the minute all you have to do is look at the money we give away each night in tournaments.

I am not going to respond to the comments about our team of sponsored pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

The reg is $1.50 fore towards the jackpot $2 goes to the site ! Nothing wrong here imo.

As for playing them i wouldnt bother i remember once upon a time i thought it possible to win 5 of these ! Now that im playing sngs i wouldnt even waste my time trying.

It would be torture this is not the way to make money playing poker. This is just a gimmick for the recreational player really.

I think someone here done the maths on it before aswell.

Buy a lotto ticket imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

The reg is higher on the Jackpot Sit and go's to contribute towards the prize amount.

To be fair I dont think anyone can accuse us being stingy at the minute all you have to do is look at the money we give away each night in tournaments.

I am not going to respond to the comments about our team of sponsored pros.
    Well said Ciaran.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Castlerock - I see you are new here, so just a gentle reminder not to be calling people mugs straight off.

It usually takes people a few more posts than 7 to cop that Danny is a mug!

Seriously though, its best to keep it friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Kev's seriously too nice... if you think the reg is too high, don't bloody play them, if you think the reg is less on Stars or Full Tilt play there, it's hardly brain surgery!!

Advertisement