Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulin Tablets for type 1's????

Options
  • 09-02-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

did anyone read in yesterdays sunday independent about novo nordisk developing a tablet instead of taking daily injections? I heard about it - but didn't get to read it. did anyone else read it or hear about it?? great if it comes true.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Anything I've seen about these things before the big problem was being able to get the insulin past the stomach acids which will just destroy everything. Would be good if it did ever happen though.

I'd be more interested in less invasive testing methods before different insulin delivery methods. The insulin injections don't bother me anywhere near the same as the finger pricking for blood does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Amen brother! and the pricking doesn't bother me as much as remembering to do the bloody thing in the first place...something that just worked away in the background would be great. And a pill would be great too - one less pen to carry around..

Advertisement