Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Seats???

Options
  • 09-02-2009 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

quick question, wondering if anyone else has had this problem or could help me out...

driving a car with very short seat belts, so most rear facing seats dont fit...

ive heard theres such a thing as an "extension" for a seat belt...basically and small extra lenght of seat belt that attaches straight onto the existing belt with other seat belt clips if ya know what i mean???

anyway....was wondering if anyone else has ...
    A) heard of these
    B) Bought these (and if so where)
    c) knows if they even work...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

You might try 'Halfords' in Carrickmines or Liffey Valley for the extensions (or advice), the staff are helpful & they might even install them for you.

I was looking at Car Seats in Halfords at the weekend > so many to choose from, i'm still scratching my head :)

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

You would want to be sure that these are safe for use with car seats, just in case :)

If you go to Halfords they will fit the car seat for you, so if they had the extentsions they should also know if they were safe to be used in conjunction with a car seat.

I had our car seats fitted in Tony Kealys, apparently some cars are only suitable for certain car seats so for complete safety you should see which can be used with what and if the extentsions are ok...............phew, that was a mouthful :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

No, you defiently cannot use seat belt extensions with any car seat. They haven;t been crash tested with extensions therefore you cannot be certain that the seat will work in the even t of an accident.

Your best bet is to go with a base for the seat. Bases can be belted in, (short seat belts are not a problem) or attached using the Isofix system. Either way, the base is safer than a seat belt anyway, its much more convenient and eliminates the risk of you belting in wrong!

Advertisement