Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play With A Realistic Spider

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

You can drag it around with your mouse, and he'll crawl to where your cursor is pointing. You can also adjust it's body & movement on the bars on the right hand side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 T3h-Slayer

i think i'll try to find and buy a tarantula. and i hope that playing with it will makes me get rid of that fear for spiders i have for as long as i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

T3h-Slayer wrote: »
    i think i'll try to find and buy a tarantula. and i hope that playing with it will makes me get rid of that fear for spiders i have for as long as i remember.

Spiders are not the type of pet u "play" with. How will you even be able to go into the shop if you have a fear for spiders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

That was interesting.....

There are a couple spiders outside our house.. They have buuilt Webs and they stay by them almost all the time.....

I have heard even DADDY LONG LEGS can be dangerous if they bite,somehow they dont seem like spiders but i guess they are..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

Do ye know them twisty yokes that they tie the wires on a nokia charger with, bendy with metal in them, you can make a little spider out of them, it looks real, I threw it at people and left it just lying around.

Not the best if your scared of them but maybe because you can make a spider then make it not a spider again because a spider toy would just always be freaky.

• Advertisement

T3h-Slayer wrote: »
    This sounds like a pretty bad idea, no offense. What will you do if you find yourself too scared to feed, clean and care for the spider?

Also it can't be a phobia if you can consider this course of action. But you did say "fear" so I'll give you credit for that!

Dude111 wrote: »
    That was interesting.....

There are a couple spiders outside our house.. They have buuilt Webs and they stay by them almost all the time.....

I have heard even DADDY LONG LEGS can be dangerous if they bite,somehow they dont seem like spiders but i guess they are..

Daddy long legs are the flying animals we have in our rooms making annoying scratchy noises all over the walls every autumn. That daddy long legs type spider you speak of, is not to most venomous or dangerous spider in the world. It might be, no one has ever actually done any tests on it. It does not have fangs capable of breaking human skin, that much is known. There has never been a test done on their actual venom though, this is a myth. The most venomous spider is the Brazilian Wandering Spider, I think, I haven't researched this in a few years. The most dangerous is the Sydney Funnel Web, because of it's deadly venom and proximity to humans.

I do have to thank you for this link, over a year later, because it's only now I have progressed enough to be able to do this.

That spider isn't really that scary, because it moves so slowly. Real spider flow like water. They're unbelievably quick, and I think this is part of what frightens people so much. I think mice are cute as hell, but when I see one, I scream and leap up on a table.... why? Because they move so quickly!

Thanks for the link, it is part of what I am attempting to do, desensitising myself to spiders, by looking at images and animations, and sometimes film footage. It is actually helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Well its easier using this if your afraid of spiders because you know this isnt real (You cant be hurt)

It is quite interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 wobblyheadedbob

Even realistic spiders give me the heebiejeebies! My brain goes to mush when I see anything spider-shaped. I almost don't want to get over it coz that means I have to go near spiders...haha!

• Advertisement
Advertisement