Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER for half built house

Options
  • 09-02-2009 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I have just been asked to provide a BER cert for a house that is incomplete. The structure is there but there is no heating in or ESB. I have certified a number of existing dwellings so far but as of yet haven't done any new dwellings. The owner is in a hurry to get the cert as the house is being sold.

I have told the owner that max I can provide is a provisional cert which will be done off the plans.

What I am wondering is -

Is a site visit necessary to ensure that what is currently done conforms to the plans? I would assume so.

What level of documentation should I be seeking prior to carrying out the assessment?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

mcm09 wrote: »
    I have just been asked to provide a BER cert for a house that is incomplete. The structure is there but there is no heating in or ESB. I have certified a number of existing dwellings so far but as of yet haven't done any new dwellings. The owner is in a hurry to get the cert as the house is being sold.

I have told the owner that max I can provide is a provisional cert which will be done off the plans.

What I am wondering is -

Is a site visit necessary to ensure that what is currently done conforms to the plans? I would assume so.

What level of documentation should I be seeking prior to carrying out the assessment?

Thanks

You should get a set of Construction/building drawings and spec. this should be verified by the supervising engineer/ Architect.

You should then write an as built spec. Then get th builder, Supervising Arch/Eng and client to sign same. This can also include an agreement to install a min amount of LowE light fitings.

It would be no harm to visit site and gather your own evidence also.

Advertisement