Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tefl in germany

Options
  • 09-02-2009 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

HI
    I have been thing for some time of doing a TEFL course
    I have looked at the telfireland website but I am interested in the idea of teaching in Germany particularly Berlin
    Does anyone know a training and job placement programme that canget you work in Germany

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭See Ye

Duplicate post

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭See Ye

Short answer is no. Altho' most places which run CELTA courses are also language schools there is no way they can guarantee their trainees work. If you have 6 - 12 people qualifying every month or so it just isn't possible. However it is true that if you do your CELTA in the country where you hope to teach and make it known to the school where you're studying they will keep you in mind should any vacancies come up - or they can point you in the right direction to find work elsewhere.

To give you an idea, where I am in Paris, we probably take one person from every second or third course with those qualifying over the summer and early Autumn more likely to get lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sourwine

Hey, I don't know about a training and placement programm but once you have your TEFL certificate you should try the inlingua language schools. For sure there is one in Berlin. What they need and want are native speakers. I spoke to someone in recruitung to see if I would have a chance to teach English in Germany when I will have my TEFL qualification, but he said no because I am no native speaker. So you would have good chances there. Give it a try!

Advertisement