Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet Query

Options
  • 09-02-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Quick question ....

Put a €200 treble on with Paddy Powers on Saturday ....

Had Ireland to beat France +2, United to beat West Ham and Chelsea to beat Hull.

Now obviously, the Chelsea part of the treble didnt come off .... 0-0 Draw

Here's my question ....

I put the bet on at 3.17 on Saturday, not realising the chelsea game had kicked off at 3.00 .... I thought they were playing on Sunday.

Now if the treble had been succesful I presume the bookies would say that they would only pay on the Ireland and United parts of the bet as the Chelsea game had kicked off when the bet was placed.

Any chance this might apply in my favour and they'd pay out on the double?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Worth a try but doubt you will get any joy out of them. Sometimes they let it go but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭carrollmark

It'd be a €600 payout so I'd say its unlikely myself ....

I'll look up their rulebook ...

Bloody Chelsea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Chelsea bet would have been an in running price i would guess. Unfortunatley, your bet looks like a loser to me.
    Quick question ....

Put a €200 treble on with Paddy Powers on Saturday ....

Had Ireland to beat France +2, United to beat West Ham and Chelsea to beat Hull.

Now obviously, the Chelsea part of the treble didnt come off .... 0-0 Draw

Here's my question ....

I put the bet on at 3.17 on Saturday, not realising the chelsea game had kicked off at 3.00 .... I thought they were playing on Sunday.

Now if the treble had been succesful I presume the bookies would say that they would only pay on the Ireland and United parts of the bet as the Chelsea game had kicked off when the bet was placed.

Any chance this might apply in my favour and they'd pay out on the double?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'd argue for my money back, and hang my head in shame for not knowing the kick off time of a game I was betting on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

if this bet was placed online you got an in running price.
    IF this bet was placed in a bookies you get paid on your two winners.
    Rule: any bet thats placed after stated off-time and is accepted mistakenly will be settled as a non-runner win or lose.

My conclusion therefore is that you get paid Ireland+2 and United and Chelsea is a non runner.
    P.s you lucky sod;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You might have trouble if you put the price of the Chelsea match down as
    then it could be argued you were backing them in running but not 100% sure if the odds would have been the same or if you can back in running and put them in with other selections?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

As said before If it was an online bet then its a loser cos they would give you an in-running price but if it was placed in a bookies shop the chelsea part of the bet would be void and you would win your 200quid double. IF chelsea had won they wouldnt be paying you a treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Chelsea v Hull was on Setanta Ireland on Saturday at 3.. Therefore it is safe to presume that Chelsea were available to be backed in any pp shop in running. Therefore i think your bet could well be a loser unfortunately. The only chance you may have is if you took the price for Chelsea at their pre game odds. You could argue that you took that price and the bet was void. You may well be fighting a losing battle but best of luck to you, its worth going in and chancing your arm at the very least...

I took the bet with chelsea at their pre game price ....

I wrote a docket for the treble and read the price off the large coupon they have with all their weekend football prices.

Any advive on the best way to approach this?

Should i ring up and ask them ask them if the third part of my bet is a non-runner because I placed it after the game started, without letting on it was the losing segment of my bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

I took the bet with chelsea at their pre game price ....

I wrote a docket for the treble and read the price off the large coupon they have with all their weekend football prices.

Any advive on the best way to approach this?

Should i ring up and ask them ask them if the third part of my bet is a non-runner because I placed it after the game started, without letting on it was the losing segment of my bet?

just go into the bookies and collect your winnings.

• Advertisement

thedini wrote: »
    just go into the bookies and collect your winnings.

Do you reckon they'll pay out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Do you reckon they'll pay out?
    Go collect.
    winner alright winner alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You might have trouble if you put the price of the Chelsea match down as
    then it could be argued you were backing them in running but not 100% sure if the odds would have been the same or if you can back in running and put them in with other selections?

if he put the price down he has a better chance of getting paid as chelsea wouldof been a bigger price after 17 minutes .

also it was ireland -2 not +2 .if u wrote +2 that will complicate matters furture.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    if he put the price down he has a better chance of getting paid as chelsea wouldof been a bigger price after 17 minutes .

also it was ireland -2 not +2 .if u wrote +2 that will complicate matters furture.

No France were +2 .... Ireland were favourites ... and we won by 9 so theres no issue with that element of the bet ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

They wont pay out. Where are people gettign the idea you cant place in running bets in shops? As for the pre-gmae price, I dont think that will make a difference. They would of given you the price at the time the bet was placed when it wasn entered into the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

As said before If it was an online bet then its a loser cos they would give you an in-running price but if it was placed in a bookies shop the chelsea part of the bet would be void and you would win your 200quid double. IF chelsea had won they wouldnt be paying you a treble.

Eh, they bet in running in shops too

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Interested to hear the end result on this one. Keeps us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Any in running bet I've made in the shop has been clearly marked so (usually with B I R written on it)

Ok ...

Been onto them and their verdict is this ....

They wont pay out on it .... surprise surprise ....

Their explanation was ....

If Chelsea had won they would've paid out (not sure I believe that) ....

If there had been a goal in the game they wouldve voided that element of the bet and made it a double ... and paid out ....

Because there was no goal in the game that portion of the bet stands and as I bet on that useless shower to win that makes it a losing bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

If there had been a goal in the game they wouldve voided that element of the bet and made it a double ... and paid out ....

If there had been a goal scored in the first 17 minutes you mean???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I'd be extremely surprised if this bet was paid out, it's up to the person placing the bet to ensure it's clear what events your betting on, and as there was a live Chelsea v Hull market at the time your bet will have been validated onto that market when being cleared by the cashier.

No chance.

//crossed with outcome. Bookies decision sounds 100% correct.

Advertisement