Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuipid question sorry- Laptop internal hard drive size ?

Options
  • 09-02-2009 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

sorry if this in the wrong section but i have no idea how to find out the size of my hard drive , i need to upgrade it , its 120gb but im an animation student and running low on space so i went to buy one online but i dont know a lot about hardware stuff, i want a internal hardrive but where can i find out its size 2.5" or 3.5" ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

laptops are 2.5"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You need to know what connection you need. There are two PATA and SATA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You need to know what connection you need. There are two PATA and SATA.

PATA = IDE in case Op doesn't know.
    Most people wouldn't know a PATA drive if it came up and bit them in the ass.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There are different sizes of laptop hard-drive, some are now 1.8", most are 2.5"- you really need to post the make and model of your laptop and folk will have a better idea for you.

S.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PATA = IDE in case Op doesn't know.

Actually, technically both SATA and PATA drives are IDE drives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement