Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiership: Who will be relegated?

Options
  • 08-02-2009 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hello,

I am interested in betting on the relegation battle.

Im thinking Stoke and West Brom?

Any ideas

West Brom - Premier League 2008/2009: To Be Relegated 4/11
    Stoke - Premier League 2008/2009: To Be Relegated 4/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Geez where has my head been at? Shame you can only do singles but even now West Brom to be relegated at 4-11 has to be a great bet. Just look at their fixtures, they are goin down - simple as, i would love to get 2-5 on this.

Recession - beat the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MrMiyagi

Warper wrote: »
    Geez where has my head been at? Shame you can only do singles but even now West Brom to be relegated at 4-11 has to be a great bet. Just look at their fixtures, they are goin down - simple as, i would love to get 2-5 on this.

You can do relegation doubles at boylesports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Just look at their fixtures, they are goin down - simple as, i would love to get 2-5 on this.

better than that - you can get 4/9 on betfair...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Shame you can only do singles

You'll be able to do relegation doubles/trebles with any bookmaker, just ring them up or do it in a shop.

Teams to be relegated isn't a related contingency, it's actually negatively related. For example, the odds for West Brom may be 4/11 (3 spots to be filled) but if you presume that Stoke get relegated then there are only two other relegation spots left and as such the price on West Brom is bigger than 4/11. With this in mind, multiples on teams to get relegated are absolutely no value as you should get a bigger price than the straight double.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya i know what you mean - i wasnt planning on doing a double but i am interested in West Brom as a single - i know the odds aren't great but imo they are the worst team in the league and look a safe bet to be relegated.

Would people agree with this or is 4-11 just too short?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

pwhite587 wrote: »
    With this in mind, multiples on teams to get relegated are absolutely no value as you should get a bigger price than the straight double.

This has always bothered me cause I've defended bookies when they reduce the odds on loosely related contingency bets - it would be much easier to defend them if they gave increased odds for releagation doubles and trebles, especially this season when there is no team tailed off as yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

I backed middlesborough(for relegation) yesterday at 6/4 wit a mate good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

MIddlesboro
    Portsmouth
    WBA

all to go

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

My three picks would be:

West Brom (4/11)
    Stoke (4/9)
    Portsmouth (7/4)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

This time on Sunday I would have said Portsmouth. Now it depends on their next managerial appointment.

Stoke are dogged but crap away from Home

At the moment it looks like West Brom, Stoke and Probably Boro.

I would love to see Spurs and Newcastle United get relegated though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

mboro
    wba
    pompy

Advertisement