Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scenery creation

Options
  • 08-02-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

hi guys, im just wondering what tools i need if i want to alter an existing airport on flight sim or if i want to plot busses or fire trucks around on existing airports.

Also, whats the best tool to use for making an airport? im interested in starting all that carry on but ive no idea where to start!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Hi, it really depends what you want to do, eg: do you want to just mod the airport to look better or replicate the actual airport, i use AFX and Airport design editor which i find work very well, and can be used to make airports look "fuller" eg --Galway Airport V0.75-- and --Weston Airport V0.50-- which i created to replicate galway and weston airports but not be an actual copy... and i have another project which adds the regestered airfields in ireland to fsx, these are just ruff airfields and hangers and stuff, not copys.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shamrock883

GMax is a good programme for buildings/buses/cars etc.
    It's fairly difficult to understand but there are a few tutorials out there for it i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Board Walker

thats great! cheers guys.

can ya import a existing airport file from fs9 and modify it?

say add extra taxi ways and hangers?

J

thats great! cheers guys.

can ya import a existing airport file from fs9 and modify it?

say add extra taxi ways and hangers?

J
    Terry Smith might be able to answer that for you...he uses GMax for his updated Dublin Scenery...In the mean time, take a look here. Few good things on this website:
    http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

yes you can..... for galway i added taxiways bravo and charlie and some of the regional airfields i have on my pc are from a fs9. i imported them into AFX and changed the properties to fsx so the fitted into the sim better

• Advertisement

cheers guys! :pac:

so to avoid messy torrents and product key torture i bought AFX and EZ scenery. the AFX works a charm, ive a extra taxiway put in parallel to 17-35 in cork and a blast of sign's put in.

the next project is to get gmax and try my hand at the "skyscraper" in cork city and with ez scenery im putting in aghada power station.

anyone know how i could remove the existing terminal building totally off the original cork airport on fs9?

BW

ive a extra taxiway put in parallel to 17-35 in cork and a blast of sign's put in.
    Good, it needs that parallel taxiway tbh...much easier on controllers

Might i suggest the county hall? Tallest building in cork (not exactly a sky scraper but it's the closest thing ireland has to one)

here's what the elysian looks like so far, i imported it as it is to fs9 just to see what it looks like but it has come out short and stumpy, i must make a few changes! god know's how ill do the texturing but im sure i will learn!

8899970a10079406412l.jpg

the big thing i want to learn how to do is making curved roof's like the roof on the new terminal.

the big thing i want to learn how to do is making curved roof's like the roof on the new terminal.
    Google it - no doubt there is plenty of information and tutorials on the web from other developers...Looking foreward to the release :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement