Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time does Cork Airport open?

Options
  • 08-02-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Have a flight at 6.30am to Munich, have one bag to check in. Me dad reckons 6.00am would be grand....I was aiming for 5.00am. What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Nic'name wrote: »
    Have a flight at 6.30am to Munich, have one bag to check in. Me dad reckons 6.00am would be grand....I was aiming for 5.00am. What do ye think?

I just looked at their website but couldn't find the opening hours. I think turning up 30 mins before hand is crazy talk!!! Your choice of 5am is much better. Remember you have to queue up for baggage check in, then go to security and then walk to the boarding gate....

It's an airport. Delays are a guarantee!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Nic'name wrote: »
    Don't desks close about 45 mins before the flight? Earlier the better

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

5.15 or 5.30 will be plenty of time. If it was me i'd be aiming for about 20-25 past!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Airport doesnt close.
    Last flight out is around 3am or something and check in for first flight begins around 4-4:30 which is the 6:30 to AMS. ( was when i was there anyway.)

Worked for servisair for a small bit up there.
    If your checking in online and just dumping bags at the designated deck then maybe an hour before, If your doing the full check in then an hour and a half would be my advice.

Also Subway will be open as well if you feel peckish :).

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Heading to London this weekend and we've been told to check in 2 hours before hand (I remember the days when flying to London meant 30 min check in) - but times have changed - so these days it's safer to get there early vs. late. J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

an hour is loads in Cork airport as it never takes that long to get through security and the gates are all very close. Wouldn't chance it at half an hour though, that's just pushing your luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What rymus said. An hour is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

Cheers! We were there an hour before and twas grand, no delays plane went off bang on time. My dad is unreal! He goes on a lot of business trips and probably the guy ye see leggin it through the airport and the fecker who holds up the plane. He has us all traumatised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

If you're flying Ryanair and do online check-in then half an hour should be grand at Cork Airport. I fly to Dublin weekly and I've arrived at the airport 25 minutes before the flight, no bother. I wouldn't cut it so tight in Dublin though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Only probelm is if you end up at the same time that a few charter flights go out at, then you could be delayed going through security. I wouldnt risk it tbh. Ive first hand seen people miss flights because of turning up 30mins before hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

castie wrote: »
    Only probelm is if you end up at the same time that a few charter flights go out at, then you could be delayed going through security. I wouldnt risk it tbh. Ive first hand seen people miss flights because of turning up 30mins before hand
    As I said I'm fly the same route at the same time weekly so I'm pretty comfortable with cutting it tight. If I was flying somewhere else at a different time then I would leave a bit more margin for delays.

Advertisement