Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question regarding UFOs

Options
  • 08-02-2009 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

I have a question regarding UFOs for the lovely skeptics of the Skeptics Corner :D. I've decided to come here instead of the main paranormal forum because, to be honest, I believe I'll get less insane explanations (just a little bit less :p).

Recently there's been a spate of UFO sightings around Ireland. I contributed this to the destruction of those windmills in England and the UFO theories surrounding it. Obviously, the interest in UFOs has risen thanks to this sightings and so, people are assuming that every unidentified light in the sky is a UFO. I've also heard that a number of satellites have been orbiting closer to the earth. Close enough for people to see them and mistake them for a craft from outer space.

I was perfectly content to blame these factors on the numerous sightings that have occured lately until I experienced something strange myself.

It was Friday night and I was watching a taped episode of House. After it finished, I went to get a glass of water. I turned to switch on the light when I realized that the kitchen was already illuminated. I thought there was no way the moon could be so bright so I went outside to see what it could be. There was five lights in the sky. One light in the center was bigger than the others. These lights were so bright that they could not be looked at directly. There was complete silence. No sound of running motors that could have indicated it was an aircraft. The lights were just higher than the house.

I'm very skeptical about aliens coming to visit us in disc-shaped craft wanting to peep at and probe us. I do not believe that what I saw it supernatural but I would like to determine what I actually saw.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I saw? Can satellites go that low and would they be that bright? Would they produce numerous lights? I look forward to your interesting and hopefully non-crackpot answers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sparewheel

gases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I saw? Can satellites go that low and would they be that bright? Would they produce numerous lights? I look forward to your interesting and hopefully non-crackpot answers. :)
    The brightest satellites are like a bright star moving across the sky. They would not be able to illuminate anything so I don't think it was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

You had aliens bud!

ah no, phenomenal - i find it hard to believe the ufo reports!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Ah come on skeptics. If I was on the main board I would have had suggestions of E.T, angels, ghosts and what have you by now. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

What kind of formation where the lights in?

• Advertisement

A7X wrote: »
    What kind of formation where the lights in?

They were in a straight line. The largest light was in the center.

They were in a straight line. The largest light was in the center.

Like ooOoo in regards to the light size?

Exactly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It couldn't have been a helicopter or anything similar?

can u give us a description of what it was doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Any air movement?

Advertisement