Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Storage Heaters & DEAP

• 08-02-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Everyone, I am currently rating a 1st floor apartment that has electric storage heaters as its primary heating system, resulting in a G rating.I have rechecked the imputs numerous times but with the same result.Has anyone had a similar experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 wall2wall

Yeah Bartholomew, I've had the same experience except with an F rating. Client wasn't too happy about it until I put it in perspective for her about the storage heating and how it doesn't reflect well in DEAP. Is it a top floor apartment with large areas of outer walls? Don't forget party walls and floors to apartments below aren't included and walls to unheated stairwells are semi exposed. I was speaking to the course trainer about the rating at the time and he said apparently a lot of older top floor apartments with storage heating get these ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bartholomew

Hi Wall to Wall,Thank you for your comments, it leaves me more reassured.I've been unable to get any response from SEI on this, so thanks again.

Bartholomew, had problems getting replies quickly from SEI myself. Went back to training provider and they gave me quick replies to a few queries I had. May be better in future for you.

Good advice wall2wall,just one further query, if you can help, is the efficiency adjustment factor 1 (in the space heating tab) for storage heaters? as this seems to have major bearing on the rating!

That was one of my original queries to SEI and the answer I got from the training provider was that 1 was the figure to be used there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I brought this up before here.

Electric heating was reducing my rating from a C1 to an E1.
    Its fairly substantial.

Efficiency adjustment factor of 1 is what I used also.

Again wall2wall I very much appreciate your reply,I had been unable to get an answer to that query.

jimbo78 wrote: »
    I brought this up before here.

Electric heating was reducing my rating from a C1 to an E1.
    Its fairly substantial.

Efficiency adjustment factor of 1 is what I used also.

Thanks for that jimbo78, unfortunatley my rating is resulting in a G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClimateGirl

On a slightly related topic.. I was planning to install 1-2 storage heaters in a 300 square foot flat roofed extension with own entrance (e.g. "granny flat). It currently has no heating and we would prefer not to have to hook up to the gas line. Having seen the energy rating you give storage heaters, is there a more efficient alternative I could install easily in this building?

Thanks!
    CG

• Registered Users Posts: 40 legs akimbo.

I have exactly the same problem, a client with a very small one bed apartment with a single storage heater as primary and only heat source which comes in at an F rating, a ridiculous penalty for such a heating appliance. If it were removed completely the rating falls to a B2.
    I have contacted SEI on two seperate occassions and still had no reply in 10 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement