Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine my surprise Holocaust denial Bishop is also a 911 truther!

Options
  • 08-02-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭

The pope has recently dexcommunicated (is that a word?) Bishop Richard Williams.

However he has come onto fire because of Williams stated believes, which include.
    "I believe there were no gas chambers," Williamson said in an interview with Swedish television last month, claiming that no more than 300,000 Jews died in concentration camps.

From The Guardian

However in this undated audio clip, Williams he says
    the towers were absolutely brought down by demolition charges and a guided missile, not an airliner, hit the Pentagon.

He also says in a NYT interview
    Richard Williamson, a British-born cleric who in an interview last week said he did not believe that six million Jews died in the Nazi gas chambers. He has also given interviews saying that the United States government staged the Sept. 11 attacks as a pretext to invade Afghanistan.

Link

Further evidence against those CTers who claim that the accusations that the 911 truth movement is riddled with racists is untrue.

It so much a cheap shot guys but more like an accurate description.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

He wasn't excommunincated because of his beliefs, thats discrimination. It was because he didn't fall in line after Vatican II, which it could be argued that the Catholic Chirch has been in decline since.

His views on 9/11 and the holocaust aren't mutually exclusive. I am living proof of that and have nought to do with being a Bishop, unless you can tell me otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

He wasn't excommunincated because of his beliefs, thats discrimination.

Firstly A) I didn't say he was excommunicated because he was a holocaust dening truther, the excommunication was due to his failure to adhere to new church docturine.

You are most certainly excommunicated because of your beliefs. :rolleyes:
    It was because he didn't fall in line after Vatican II, which it could be argued that the Catholic Chirch has been in decline since.

Yeah because most people want two hour plus masses in Latin, that'll bring the crowds rolling back in.
    His views on 9/11 and the holocaust aren't mutually exclusive. I am living proof of that and have nought to do with being a Bishop, unless you can tell me otherwise.

If you were to draw a ven diagram of the two claims, you'd see a massive
    cross over. You seem to like Killtown's "research" you'd be surprised how much of that comes from people who have similarly distasteful views about the holocaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Diogenes wrote: »
    Further evidence against those CTers who claim that the accusations that the 911 truth movement is riddled with racists is untrue.

Its evidence that there are at least some people who are Holocaust Deniers and in an elaborate 911 conspiracy.

I don't think anyone ever claimed otherwise, though.

It is not evidence of any "riddling", but rather evidence which doesn't contradict the assumption.

It so much a cheap shot guys but more like an accurate description.
    For the reason stated above, I'd go with the former. Its a cheap shot, based on flawed reasoning and convenient misinterpretation of the evidence.

If you were to draw a ven diagram of the two claims, you'd see a massive
    cross over.

If you were to do such a thing?

So basically, you're saying that you don't know of tests which so show this, but have a feeling what the results would be.

Hmmm...maybe I was wrong on that other thread when I said you put more store in logic and evidence then in intuition.

Who gets to define the population for these tests? Are we talking about active contributors on the internet (and if so, is our bishop one of those)? Figures who've made it into the public eye? The public at large who hold one or other of the beliefs?

Your comments suggest the last of these groups, but I'm at a loss as to how you've formed an accurate picture of this group for the imagined Venn Diagram that you put your faith in.

I meant private beliefs:mad:

• Advertisement

As far as I can make out he is not denying the holocaust. (300,000).

I definitely don't agree with his message, as it would be not only anti-semitic, but worse as many more people than Jews died in the holocaust, but I admire the courage of the messenger

But to repeat I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE MESSAGE.

I meant private beliefs:mad:

Yeah "privately' believe somthing as a bishop and see how far you get.
    As far as I can make out he is not denying the holocaust. (300,000).

Whiole considering your own casual anti semitism that isn't surprising, but frankly claiming there isn't a difference between 300k and the accepted figure of 9miillion plus, it's a further example of your contemptable antisemtism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Whiole considering your own casual anti semitism that isn't surprising, but frankly claiming there isn't a difference between 300k and the accepted figure of 9miillion plus, it's a further example of your contemptable antisemtism.

I think 5-6 million is generally the accepted figure, I don't think I've ever seen as high as 9 million in fairness. That's not the point anyway, personally I feel there's a high level of anti-semitism in general from 'truthers'. It goes with the territory doesn't it, the whole 'jews run the world' thing. :pac:

I think 5-6 million is generally the accepted figure, I don't think I've ever seen as high as 9 million in fairness. That's not the point anyway, personally I feel there's a high level of anti-semitism in general from 'truthers'. It goes with the territory doesn't it, the whole 'jews run the world' thing. :pac:

9 is the civilian non miltiary figure, if you'd look upon the post history of certain mods on this forum holocaust denial; without a shred of evidence is acceptable behaviour

what I was saying was that there is a difference between 0 and 300k. Why are you trying to twist it?

If I didn't know better I would think the whole purpose of your thread and your previous thread on the protocols were attempts for you take the moral high ground and start slinging anti semite slurs.

Which ultimately comes down to you accusing Mahatma Coat of being an anti semite due to whatever personal grudge you have. Pointless oneupmanship and games.

If you are bothered about his beliefs, where does he stand on the Armenian massacre? or more recently the genocide in Palestine.?

I don't doubt the holocaust. In fact I know very little of it. Whether it be <300k, 3 mil, 6 mil, 9mill+ it was one of the most shameful episodes of modern history.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Diogenes STOP, Just STOP, Bonkey may be willing to entertain the notion of ripping your arguments apart and showing you up as the bigot you are but I'm not

YOU are the one who brings race and Holocaust denial into this, STOP this is a direct and clear warning, if you do it again I will PERMABAN you

I'm not going to lock this thread yet so as to give you a chance to respond, I do not want to see other people jumping on this to vent either as they will incur a 2 week ban OK guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

We really are going around in circles on the whole holocaust, the Jew's dunnit, the great Zionist conspiracy stuff. But honestly lads if you even believe a fraction of the stuff on CT's sites about the Jews they'd have to the the most despicable people who ever lived in history. Every single Jewish person would have to be trained from birth for involvement in this great conspiracy. Leaving aside the many dubious 'facts' on the CT's sites about the Jews this level of conspiracy is so improbable that it's basically impossible. Every religion/race has it's extremists but most people of all religions/races are just ordinary people getting by and that's a reality I have seen with my own eyes all over the world. I'm really ****ing sick of defending Jewish people, I mean I'm not even remotely interested in religion but some of you guys really need to take a long look at the bigoted ****e you believe in and why you believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Actually, in R Catholicism one is pretty much always excommunicated due to action, not to belief. Words, deeds or example, all actions. All recent (last few hundred years) revisions of canon law have been pretty specific on that. The 1983 code got pretty specific about when, where and why so it's a good point to start research on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Diogenes STOP, Just STOP, Bonkey may be willing to entertain the notion of ripping your arguments apart and showing you up as the bigot you are but I'm not

YOU are the one who brings race and Holocaust denial into this, STOP this is a direct and clear warning, if you do it again I will PERMABAN you

I'm not going to lock this thread yet so as to give you a chance to respond, I do not want to see other people jumping on this to vent either as they will incur a 2 week ban OK guys
    Wow. Do you realise how big of a hypocrite you are MC?

You call Diogenes a bigot while you said the Jewish peoples outlook is "despicable".

You cover-up the evidence of your racism and forbid any discussion of it because its against the personal abuse rule. And then brake that exact rule by calling Diogenes a bigot! (And not the first time you've done something like that either.)

You deserve an award or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

me wrote:
    ..............I do not want to see other people jumping on this to vent either as they will incur a 2 week ban OK guys

Mob, did you miss this bit? seein as this is your first post since your return I'll give you little leeway, instead of a 2 week ban I'll make it 24 hours, Meglome, I am unsure as to whether or not you should get one as well so you can PM bonkey or Miju for a decision on lifting it

Thread locked.

Obviously, no-one has an interest in discussing the actual topic at hand...and that include the OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement