Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerosene for Home Heating on Sundays?

Options
  • 08-02-2009 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there!

Hope somebody can help me: I need to purchase one or two canisters of Kerosene for Home Heating somewhere in the Naas/Blessington/Tallaght-Region on a Sunday. Do you know where I can buy it?

Lorry can't come down to our house because of the snow, and we're out of oil completely. Bought a canister at Naas Oil yesterday, but they are closed on sundays, and we're nearly out of Kerosene again.

Is there any petrol station around where I can buy Kerosene?

Thanks a million for your help :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

McLoughlins in Newbridge sell kerosene, and while they don't deliver on a Sunday maybe someone in the petrol station could help you out? I don't know for sure, it's just a suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Threecastles

Thanks a million, I'll try it :-)

It worked!!! :)

Thanks a million again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Glad to hear it!
    Would you mind letting me know how much it cost? Including the canister? Post or PM if you like - just for my own reference in case it happens me in the future!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamlet

Hi there!

Hope somebody can help me: I need to purchase one or two canisters of Kerosene for Home Heating somewhere in the Naas/Blessington/Tallaght-Region on a Sunday. Do you know where I can buy it?

Lorry can't come down to our house because of the snow, and we're out of oil completely. Bought a canister at Naas Oil yesterday, but they are closed on sundays, and we're nearly out of Kerosene again.

Is there any petrol station around where I can buy Kerosene?

Thanks a million for your help :-)

Had a similar story before Christmas.

ran out of kerosene on a cold Saturday afternoon no delivery till Monday.

found a garage at kilmoon cross that sells kero from a pump.

price was 99.9 at the time delivery on Monday from texoil per 1000 ltrs was 61 a litre.

a bit pricey but if your stuck it was the only place I could find on the northside.

from ashbourne turn right after sign for the snail box at kilmoon cross and its on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

If you need it you will pay anything.
    Got 1000L 2 weeks ago for €430.00.
    Jim.

JamesM wrote: »
    If you need it you will pay anything.
    Got 1000L 2 weeks ago for €430.00.
    Jim.

Mind if telling me from which company? Sounds very interesting. Maybe via PM if possible?

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Mind if telling me from which company? Sounds very interesting. Maybe via PM if possible?

Thanks a lot.

It varies all the time, but Monday 2 weeks ago we got it from Tougher for €430 in Dublin. They are based in Naas.
    Jim.

Advertisement