Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

few words on recession

Options
  • 07-02-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

bit choatic and hope you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

First of all I don't believe in recession! That's right!
    I see people loosing jobs, I see firms collapsing but I don't believe it was unexpected and unintentional.
    I believe that central banks and federal reserves are responsible for this.
    Banks had/ have/ will have to much freedom with what they're doing with peoples money!
    I do encourage you to do research on your own about banks and FED. You will find a lot of usefull informations.

What happened on Wall Street when bankers got the money ??

Company Merrill Lynch have spent over 1mln usd to refurbish ex vice-presidents office.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-01-22/john-thains-top-16-outrages/

Citigroup have been stopped by Obamas administration from buying a corporate jet for over 50mln usd.
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/01262009/news/nationalnews/just_plane_despicable_152033.htm

Now in Ireland, BoI employess gets pay rise.
    http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/ideyauauoj/

Banks got the bailout and spend that money mostly the way only known to them. We got ripped of our (public) money.
    Moneys gone, now we have a huge deficit which means no investments and no improvements. Economic growth that we experienced in a past 6 years is a memory now. Banks will stop lending money as easly as they used to. Hence the crash in the housing market.
    And basically we're in a deep s**t.

Recommended:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recession

I reckon this country is to small for such a moves (it's to late to say that anyway). Espacially such a tax rise! This will only deepen economy. To stimulate the market tax should be brought down. It's been known to every economist that smaller taxes means bigger spending.

What I see as a biggest mistakes for the world governments is pumping so much money in the biggest banks! Also giving money to the car makers and dealers is the dumbest thing ever! They'll get only cockier and when the next crisis comes they'll be there first with their hands out for more money.
    and again WE gonna pay for it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

You're probably right, who knows.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

are you the dude that wrote a letter into the indo about this? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

'Magic wrote:
    =);58941053']...and again WE gonna pay for it.

yep and we the dumb schmucks that some us are, will re-elect the same tired old already too well paid fools.

Sometimes I truly think we deserve what we elect. I despair at the mental process thinking of some in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's time to start referring to the Depression instead of the Recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Ah not another Recession thread.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Biggins wrote: »
    Sometimes I truly think we deserve what we elect. I despair at the mental process thinking of some in this country!
    People miss de Valera and secretly hope that Fianna Fáil has a party ouija board to communicate with his ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

'Magic wrote:
    =);58941053']bit choatic and hope you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

First of all I don't believe in recession! That's right!

You don't believe in two consecutive quarters of negative growth?

Ah not another Recession thread.:rolleyes:

yep, it's all downhill now days.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

galwayrush wrote: »
    yep, it's all downhill now days.;)
    One post and not a mention of wood!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Mass hysteria fuels the fire. That in turn causes an economic dip into an economic free-fall. No better country for it. Recession recession did you hear that the country is now in recession. The husband built a shed out t back for our recession rations. I give the fúck up.

*Bing bong* Could passengers please fasten your seat-belts, we expect a little turbulance for the next few years, due to intense stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

OP has missed the big elephant in the room. Irish people nor the govt have the money to spend.
    Irish people are in debt to the tune of €400bn(a fact on AH!), by far the highest in the Eurozone, more so than the Americans or Brits.
    And the govt only take revenue of about 35bn with expenditure of 55bn give or take, yes thats 20bn a year for every year until something is done.

Hence we are truly f***d.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Abigayle wrote: »
    Mass hysteria fuels the fire. That in turn causes an economic dip into an economic free-fall. No better country for it. Recession recession did you hear that the country is now in recession. The husband built a shed out t back for our recession rations. I give the fúck up.

*Bing bong* Could passengers please fasten your seat-belts, we expect a little turbulance for the next few years, due to intense stupidity.

calm. self. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

FCUK the recession, FCUK it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

calm. self. :)

Pity that didnt occur when the username happened. :)

OxOxO

One post and not a mention of wood!!:eek:

Trees keep growing despite the recession.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

galwayrush wrote: »
    Trees keep growing despite the recession.;)

Indeed, we need to plant acorns.

The seeds of recovery are there.

We need to branch out.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm buying weed killer by the bulk!

Advertisement