Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Awards 2008 - Charter and Process

Options
  • 07-02-2009 8:34pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This forum is, fairly obviously, going to be guided by the Film charter. Please read that before posting.

The film awards will be split into two phases:
    Phase 1: Nominations (7/2/2008-14/2/2009)
    This will be split into two waves to encourage people to vote in each.
    Each user can vote for a maximum of two, and only two, nominations for a particular category unless stated otherwise. Any further nominations will be ignored.
    A nominated film must have aired in Irish cinemas within the last year. For the sake of completeness, I'll extend this to include any movies in the cinema that are airing in the cinemas during this time, but that were technically released here in 2008.

Feel free to discuss why you're nominating, but don't start bitching about other people's choices.

First wave (7/2/2009 - 11/2/2009)

Best SFX
    Best Score/Soundtrack
    Best Film
    Best Foreign-Language Feature
    Best Animated Film
    Best Screenplay
    Best Director
    Best Newcomer
    Film that Deserved Better
    Best Documentary

Second wave (11/2/2009 - 14/2/2009)

Worst Film
    Most Over-Rated Film
    Best Scene in a Movie
    Best Actor
    Best Actress
    Best Character
    Worst Acting Performance
    ... and maybe a couple more

Phase 2: Voting (15/2/2009 - 21/2/2009)

Voting will be conducted using a nifty extension featured in other awards on the site.

Voters can feel free to comment on the directions the votes are taking, but try and make the posts constructive. Posts consisting of nothing but "TDK is da best!" will be snipped.

When the final date hits, the polls will be shut down and a list of the winners published.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Second phase of nominations is now up. I'll probably close the first phase tomorrow night and the second phase on Saturday evening (I may leave the first phase open longer if I think there's not enough votes to get some worthwhile nominations).

Advertisement