Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nominations - Best Foreign-Language Feature of 2008

Options
  • 07-02-2009 8:19pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What was the best foreign-language feature of 2008?

To be eligible, the film must have been released on Irish cinema screens between 18/1/2008-7/2/2009 (inclusive) and not have featured in last year's awards (so "Let the Right One in" is inadmissible!). Each voter can only nominate a maximum of two films for this category. Any further ones shall be ignored.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
    [Rec]

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Baader/Meinhoff Complex
    Waltz with Bashir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Surely [rec] isnt eligible?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Archimedes wrote: »
    Surely [rec] isnt eligible?

Released in the UK in April 2008 according to IMDB, and pretty sure it only made release over her during the summer on DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I nearly failed spectacularly there, I went searching for the exact release date of 'Let The Right One In' without reading the OP properly :o

Anyway:

[Rec]
    El Orfanato

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭p to the e

The Chase
    The Baader Meinhof Complex

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chop^chop

Gomorrah
    The Orphanage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The Orphanage
    Gomorra

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

[Rec]

Only one I REALLY enjoyed of the few I saw this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Gommorah
    The Baader Meinhoff Complex

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement