Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it too ealry to cut the grass.

Options
  • 07-02-2009 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

is now too early to cut the grass. it hasnt been cut since september and is just highish in patches making it odd looking. - im in the country you see

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

... if you don't mind getting ballfroze you can likely give it a trim without any adverse affects. Don't scalp it though... that wouldn't be healthy just yet...

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

best left alone for a while yet...unless its dry you'll
    probably do more damage to it with a mower and
    foot traffic... end of march at the earliest for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

You could give it a top just to tidy it up. Make sure the grass is dry or you will tear it. Im waiting for mine to dry and ill cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭tampopo

No, I wouldn't at all. Much too cold and too early....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

A bit early yet to cut the grass, usually wait until you see fresh growth. One it starts growing, it usually indicates it is warm enough and will continue to grow. At the moment with the cold spell you you do more harm then good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement